Chapter 12- Miraculous Upgrade

Marinette woke up to her alarm this time, which was very odd. She saw her phone screen light up with a new message.

A: Good Morning Kitten 🙂

She chuckled and typed her response.

M: Morning, my prince 💗

Marinette climbed down and got ready for the day, while Tikki got to sleep a little more. She put on her usual pink jeans, white floral top and black poke-a-dot blazer. Maybe I should wear my jacket again. Naw, its too warm out today, but I'll bring it just in case, she thought, folding it into her bag. Her phone dinged.

A: Your prince? hmm, I like the sound of that 😉 see ya soon, my purrincess!

Marinette giggled at his cat pun and started her way to the school, Tikki flying next to her until they went outside and she ducked into Marinette's little pink purse. Like yesterday, Adrien was waiting outside the bakery but this time without the car.

"Hmm, fancy meeting you here, my Purrincess," said the bowing boy. He smiled at her and took her hand, tugging her towards the school. "Come on, we don't want to be late."

They made it to class on time and sat in their new found seats. The school day drowned on, boring as ever.

And then after school was even more boring because Adrien had to rush out of school quick to a photoshoot for his father, but he promised Marinette to call her after the shoot. He gave her a kiss on the cheek before heading off.

Marinette sighed. "Well, Tikki, what do you want to do?"

Her kwami looked out of Marinette's purse. "Well, we could take a walk or... you can swing around and watch your boyfriend's shoot," said Tikki, winking at her.

Marinette giggled. "Oh, Tikki, you know me so well. Okay, let me find a place to transform." She searched around for a good few minutes and finally found an alley to slip into.

"Oh, Marinette, by the way, since you've grown up so much, I've decided to give you some of your adult powers," said the ladybug.

Marinette looked at her friend in confusion. "What do you mean, Tikki?"

"Well, when kwamis believe their owner has reached a turning point in their life for the better, we are able to give them access to, in your case, their adult powers. So now you can hold your transformation longer, get more than one Lucky Charm, and a new suit that also has built in wings that come out when you think you need them. They're like your secret trick," explained Tikki.

"Wow! Adult powers, wings, a new outfit?! Seriously, Awesome!" exclaimed Marinette. "Ah, thank you, Tikki! I'm so glad you have my back." She gave the little ladybug a nuzzle.

"Okay, now its time for you to check out your new powers, come on Marinette, transform!" said Tikki.

Marinette giggled. "TIKKI, SPOTS ON!"

Tikki transformed Marinette into her Ladybug 2

Tikki transformed Marinette into her Ladybug 2.0 form. Marinette looked down at her new super suit. It was somewhat like the old one but had blocks of black intertwined. Her shoulders and neck were covered with a solid black with ladybug red with spots as high gloves. Then her midriff was also covered in black down to her thighs, sort of like shorts. And finally, she had ladybug red half way up her thighs down to her feet.

Marinette loved her new super suit! Its soo fashion forward!, she thought. She started giggling and ran out of the alley, wanting to test out her new suit. Her yo-yo was where its always been, so she whipped it to the nearest building and swung over the rooftops.

While swinging through the air, Ladybug felt something start vibrating on her back. She looked over her shoulder and saw iridescent, clear wings like a ladybug's on her back. Ladybug smiled widely and started laughing. She unhooked her yo-yo and collected the string, letting her new wings carry over the Paris scenery.

"Woohoo!" she laughed, soring towards the park. Ladybug spotted Adrien with his photographer along with Nino and Alya. She zipped towards them. Alya was the first to notice her and started recording her, flying with her new wings. Ladybug chuckled. "Hey, Ladyblog!" she said as she flew over Alya and waved at the camera.

Adrien looked up from his pose to see Ladybug zipping through the air with wings? Ladybug never had wings! What is happening?, he thought.

"OMG, Ladybug you got wings! Wings? You've never had wings before, what gives?" asked Alya, filming the hero's response for her blog.

Ladybug landed and the wings disappeared. She walked towards Alya to give her the details of her new powers. "Well, when a miraculous holder's kwami, at my age, believes their owner has grown more mature, they give their owners access to some of their adult powers," Ladybug explained.

Adrien was shocked to hear this! Plagg never mentioned any of this to him.

"I get a new suit, wings and I can stay in my transformation much longer now, no more quick "bug out"s anymore," Ladybug continued.

"Well, I love the new suit, Ladybug! It's so cool," commented Alya. "But why did the wings disappear?"

"They only appear when I need them," Ladybug replied. She demonstrated by jumping high in the air, only to have her wings appear to keep her in the air.

"That's really cool!" said Adrien, finally reigning in his shock.

Ladybug looked down at her boyfriend and smiled. She landed a few feet from him. "Thanks, Adrien."

He blushed. "Your welcome, Ladybug."

"Oh, I did have one thing before I go," she said, moving closer to Alya and Nino. They all leaned in and Ladybug started to whisper. "Don't come together tonight, come separately, okay? We don't want you followed by one of Hawk Moth's spies." Alya and Nino nodded and Adrien felt left out. Ladybug turned back to him and leaned in close. "I have a message from Marinette, she said to be a good bugaboy and make sure your not followed by Cat Noir home, okay." He looked at her in confusion but she only winked at him and flew off, her wings fluttering fast, towards the Tower.

I wonder what she meant, Adrien thought as he continued his shoot.