kaochisa // spin the bottle

the sleepover was going great. everyone was playing UNO and Hagumi kept winning. Kokoro and Misaki insisted on playing another game, like Mario or Sorry, but Chisato obliged and said it was pleasant to see some competition.

Kaoru was watching them play as well, making comments such as: "this tense game of competition is so fleeting!" Chisato chuckled to Kaoru's gibberish, and everybody kept playing.

it was suddenly 11 pm, and everybody was getting tired of UNO. Misaki felt mischievous and recommended a game before going to bed.

spin the bottle.

the room went silent for only a couple seconds until everybody could hear Chisato giggling and saying "sounds fun."

everybody sat in a circle and Kanon brought an empty wine bottle from Hagumi's parents' cabinet.

Kokoro spun the bottle and to her surprise, it landed on Misaki. Misaki blushed, and so did Kokoro. they kissed for a brief moment, and let go. Hagumi and Kanon giggled, while Chisato was smirking.

"what a fleeting kiss." Kaoru commented, which made Misaki blush furiously while Kokoro giggled. "we should do that more!" Kokoro exclaimed, which made everyone else giggle while Misaki blurted, "idiot! d-do you even know what you're saying?!"

the game continued as such. the bottle landed on Hagumi, leading Kanon and Hagumi to kiss. the bottle landed on Misaki, once again, which made Kanon and Misaki kiss.

"it's my turn now." Chisato spun the bottle and after a tense moment of silence, the bottle landed.

the end of the bottle landed on Kaoru.

Kaoru coughed, feeling a sudden lump in her throat. Chisato stared at the bottle with a surprised expression. Kaoru stuttered, "i have to go... uh- use the bathroom! i'll be back in a fleeting moment.." Kaoru rushed to the bathroom and stared at her flustered face. why?

it was simple. Kaoru had a great crush on Chisato. they shared many great experiences, and they got along. Kaoru always thought Chisato was a stubborn girl, and always seemed annoyed at Kaoru's dramatic personality.

Kaoru fell in love with her when she always teases her by calling her Kao-chan. Kaoru loved whenever they baked cookies together, when they acted together, when Kaoru gave advice to Chisato for acting in the Romeo and Juliet play. so many things happened that caused her to like Chisato.

but why?

she saw that Chisato most likely never liked her.

what an idiot. she thought to herself. i should have known.

she went back into the room to only see everybody staring at her flushed face, as well as Chisato. which, surprisingly, she had an embarrassed face.

Kaoru sat back down and said, "sorry about that. i just- needed to go. before we wait any longer, l-let's kiss, Juliet."

Chisato reddened at her nickname but scooted up to Kaoru. Kaoru's heart was pounding at what seemed like 200 beats per minute. she watched as Chisato leaned in, her lips slowly reaching towards Kaoru.

Chisato's lips landed on Kaoru's, and she felt weak under the kiss. she felt her body push into hers. extremely cliche to say, but Kaoru felt like she was on Cloud 9.

Chisato released her lips and stared into Kaoru's eyes. Kaoru was trembling with infinite emotions, mostly love and confusion. did they kiss for... how many seconds? to Kaoru, it felt like an hour. Chisato chuckled at Kaoru's flustered expression and laid a finger on her nose.

"an embarrassed face is a good look on you, Kao-chan." Chisato sat next to Kaoru and put her head on her shoulder.

Kaoru was still processing what just happened. "u-u-uh-" Kaoru stuttered like an idiot in front of Chisato, while she just giggled.

Misaki and Kanon awed while Hagumi and Kokoro giggled at, what she assumed, at Kaoru's fazed and embarrassed expression.

later that night, they all went to sleep at 1 am. Chisato laid next to Kaoru on the couch and wrapped her arms around Kaoru's waist.

"you're a good kisser, Romeo."

Kaoru snickered and kissed Chisato on the forehead.

"goodnight, Chii-chan."