mocaran // arcade

Moca and Ran were surrounded by flashy and loud arcade games and screaming children. the atmosphere felt chaotic, as anybody who've been to an arcade once can agree.

"we should go ahead and play this game," Moca said with a grin on her face. moca pointed to an arcade game that said, "BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!" Ran saw herself on the box, as well as the rest of Afterglow and even other bands such as Pastel Palettes and Hello! Happy World. "of course, i will beat you." Ran's blood boiled slightly. she was hesitant though, as she never even played this game. "bring it on." Ran challenged.

thus they stepped on the mat, blood pumping in their veins. Moca swiped through the songs until she stopped at one of them.

"Lost Ones Weeping... by us!" Moca exclaimed, giving Ran a smile. "can you believe they put one of our songs in the game? i feel so honored~" Ran smiled at moca's enthusiasm. she felt happy that their songs were getting recognized at such a popular attraction.

"we should play it then."

Moca pressed it and chose Expert mode. Ran gulped, as she never played Expert. she always played normal, or hard mode if she felt confident. "i won't go easy on you." Moca snickered as she pressed the OK button.

the song started and Ran recognized the melody and her voice booming through the speakers. maybe somebody has recognized us playing our own song on here. it's quite ironic, thought Ran.

the notes started to come, and it was fairly easy. until it wasn't. Moca's feet were moving at a constant speed, accelerating every second. Ran's feet were trying to keep up, especially at the slide notes. she kept missing the flick notes. she scolded herself as she completely skipped the tutorial to look good in front of Moca.

once the song was finally over, Ran was out of breath and crouching on the floor, while Moca looked proudly at the screen. Ran slowly stood up and looked at the score.

Moca - 397 perfects, 0 misses
Ran - 20 perfects, 20 greats, 357 misses

"wow," Moca giggled, "you suck." Ran pouted and slapped her back playfully. "look, it was just because i was going easy on you." Ran grunted. Moca smiled at Ran. cute, she thought.

after admitting to her defeat, Ran recommended they play those claw games where "you get random shit." Moca laughed and went over to the claw machine where numerous stuff animals were placed. "i'm going to win you a lion plush because lions remind me of you." Ran raised an eyebrow and asked, "why, may i ask?" Moca shrugged her shoulders and said, "because they're fierce, but also adorable." Ran blushed and rolled her eyes.

Moca inserted a coin into the slot and attempted to grab the lion plush, but failed. after a couple more attempts, Moca hung her head down in defeat and sighed. Ran was getting ready to leave and do something else, when Moca said she got a bright idea. Moca, being skinny and small, proceeded to climb into the machine and grab the plush. unfortunately, a employee saw her and very angrily told her to get out.

they got kicked out.

"idiot!" Ran grumbled, "i didn't even want the plush!" Moca bit her lip and rolled her eyes. "you know you did." it was quiet, until Moca snickered.

"what's so funny?" Ran said in a startling tone. Moca pulled something out of her jacket pocket. a small, lion plush. "i snuck it out with me." Moca shoved it in Ran's hands. "the first one to get to the car buys ice cream!" Moca yelled while sprinting away.

Ran got to the car first. "you're such a dork." Ran said while getting into the car first. "a cute dork, right?" Ran stared at her, seemed to be in thought. before Moca could say anything, Ran cupped Moca's cheeks and gave her a kiss.

Moca's eyes were wide until she smiled and blushed a light pink.

"yes. you are a cute dork." Ran admitted.