mocaran // airplane

her headphones blasted with music so she could calm her nerves. ran was trembling with nervousness and excitement. she was finally meeting moca after a couple of months without seeing her. they both went to different colleges, resulting in them leaving each other. thankfully, they kept a long-distance relationship, and after six months, they will be meeting once again.

they've finally got Thanksgiving break, a cozy time in the new year. her, moca, and the rest of Afterglow was going to have Thanksgiving together. their parents were going to come, but they said that had business trips to do. all of them said this in fact, which was weird, but whatever.

anyways, after a couple more minutes, she finally arrived. the train made a stop at the airport and she got off with her luggage. ran heard a ding from her phone and looked to see Moca's text saying,

moca: almost there. can't wait to see you <3

Ran smiled at the text and sat on one of the benches, patiently waiting for her. she's coming from 7C, right?

her foot tapped against the concrete, slowly getting impatient. it's been about 30 minutes, hasn't it? she thought to text her again, perhaps the airplane has some flight turbulence?

ran: hey, are you almost here?

no response.

at this point, it's been 40 minutes, and she felt her heartbeat intensity per minute. thoughts filled her mind, rushing at the speed of light, full of disturbing and terrifying images about the fate of moca aoba.

"stop it." ran told nobody, rubbing her arms, "you'll be f-fine. maybe she lost service?"

"do you need help, ma'am?" airport assistance, she assumed, looked at her curiously, her eyebrows furrowed. "d-do you know what happened to flight 7C?" ran stuttered, the room suddenly feeling colder. or perhaps this is just her?

her eyes widened, muttering she will be back and took off. she sprinted to a mysterious room, and she realized other employees were rushing to get to certain rooms.

her eyes turned everywhere, flicking to place to place. everybody's faces were fine, completely normal, and oblivious to how ran felt.

her voice lodged her throat. she felt suffocating and collapsed to the ground on her knees. it couldn't be! she screamed in her mind. no!

"it... can't... be-" she was cut off by panicked yells and cries. she looked up to see the employees panicking, and passengers in the waiting room with scared faces.

a voice echoed in the room and she turned to see a TV playing. it's the news.

Reports of Flight 7C Got Into an Airplane Crash, resulting in 59 dead and 12 injured.

ran felt her heart go ice cold. her breathing hitched, causing her to choke on her own tears. she coughed violently, her knees shaking against the concrete floor as she realized the crippling reality dooming on her.

moca aoba is dead.