Chapter 1: Day on the beach

Athena sighed happily while she took her book out of her bag and opened it.She had been waiting for this moment all day.The moment she could go back to her book and relax.Forget the world around her and just enjoy the story.

She was on the beach,after a long day working in her house together with her father.The day had been long and tiresome,discussing the same things over and over again.Even Athena had been bored out of her mind and she normally liked those sort of things.

Zeus had asked her to make a few battle plans in case they were attacked.He was getting really paranoid.He saw enemies everywhere and in everyone.He had even looked suspicious at her,his own loyal and reasonable dauhter.

Her father was convinced there would be another attack,so he had urged her to make another battle plan.She had spent the entire afternoon discussing tactics and possibilities for attacks with her father.He hadn't been satisfied until she had made a battle plan for in case they were attacked,a battle plan in case that one didn't work and a plan for defences.It had taken her forever until he was finally satisfied.Sort of.

Finally,he had let her go.But not after promising she would renew the battle plans at least once a week.Other ways their enemies would know what they were up to,Zeus had said.Athena had chosen the diplomatic way and nodded obendiently instead of telling him he was getting too paranoid.And now,she was finally free.Free to relax and be far away from her crazy family. Or so she hoped.

Father has tomented me all day, but at last ı'm free. Ican finally finish the Da Vinci code. Although ı do have to find a way to help father when ı have finished. He is getting more paranoid every day. This is getting out of hand. Athena did feel concerned. No matter how annoying and horrible Zeus could be, he was her father and Athena loved him. But on the other hand, she couldn't do anything right now. She would think of something later. She deserved some time for herself.

Determined to forget about Zeus and his paranoia, Athena focused on her book, she wouldn't let anyone come between her and her book. She had been wanting to read it for quite some time now, but things kept distracting her from it. Now she would read it. And she would finish reading it.

At least, that was what she had planned. Just spending the rest of the afternoon reading. Expect she hadn't contemplated one thing. One thing that was beyond her reach. One thing, or person rather, that kept annoying her. Poseidon.

Athena was completely focused on her book, oblivious to the rest of the world, when someone suddenly grabbed her book. "He! That is my book, give it back immediately or- Poseidon?". She fell silent, staring at the sea god before her. She cursed herself for not foreseeing this. She should have known he would be here.

Poseidon, holding the book in one of his hands, grinned. "Yep. He owl head, how are you doing? Wouldn't have expected you to see here".

Athena sighed. "I'm fine. Or I would be if some idiot wasn't bothering me. And it is I wouldn't have expected to see you here. Pay attention to what you are saying Kelp Head".

Poseidon rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just like you to pay attention to things like that. What are you doing here anyway?".

" I contemplate it was obvious what I was doing and want to do here. Reading. What else? And I crave to continue reading, without your face tormenting me, so give me back my book barnacle beard".

Poseidon looked at the book in his hand like he was wondering how it got there. He grinned. "Nope. That won't do".

Athena raised her eyebrows. "What possible reasons could you have to refuse giving my book back?".