Chapter 2: Enchanting voice

Athena cursed under her breath. And started walking even faster, taking large, angry steps while still muttering curses. Every godling that saw her approach, quickly ran away, horrified.

She was in a horrible mood and this time, it wasn't Poseidon's fault. Well, not directly that is. It was her father's fault that she was cursing , her eyes blazing and her thoughts all going about the tortures her father deserved. And he deserved them.

Athena wouldn't lie about it; her father had a lot of flaws. He was arrogant, unwise, destructive, bossy and an enormous womanizer, but he had never bothered her like this before. He had never had an idea that was gullible to this extent. That would result in so much destruction and trouble.

Her father had actually dared to order her to cooperate with Poseidon. Her father had order her to cooperate with the same person she had been arguing with for the past centuries. The person that was the exact opposite of everything Athena found admirable. The person that was gullible, puerile, provoking, unable to behave right or control himself, a cheater and unreliable. The person that maddened her.

And to make matters worse, she had to spend weeks with him and Aphrodite wouldn't stop swooning about it. Swooning about the fact that Poseidon and Athena had to cooperate, talk to each other and generally spend time apart from the time spend together in the throne room .

Athena was convinced she would not only be bothered by Poseidon, that arrogant idiot, but also by a squaeling love goddess who was determined to make ' Pothena' happen.

If she had to spend the next weeks cooperating with Poseidon and listen to Aphrodite's insane babbling, she would actually attempt to commit suicide, immortal or not. She wouldn't survive weeks with Poseidon and Aphrodite. Not that Aphrodite was needed, but she saw this as the best chance ever to make Pothena happen, Athena had heard her say it.

Seriously, what was father anticipating with this scheme? Why would he urge me to cooperate with that moronic sea god? What have I done to deserve such a harsh punishment? Athena pondered, still angered like never before.

Athena had reached Poseidon's palace by now. Being an immortal, she had no trouble breathing underwater. She wasn't in her element, like Poseidon, but she could spend time underwater if she choose to. Not that she did. She didn't want to linger in any place Poseidon visited regurarly.

She looked up at the palace and had to admit it was an astonishing beautiful building. Or had been, for it was now destroyed for a big part. Most parts of the palace were ruins now, destroyed by Kronos' army.

It had been absolutely marvellous, all made of coral and pearls, shining somehow and spreading power and beauty. Athena could picture it like it had been before the attack of Kronos; a gargantuan building, different shades of white and red, beautiful blended together. Paintings of all sea animals that had ever existed engraved in the walls, so accurate they seemed to live rather than be paintings. It had been perfect.

Athena might despise Poseidon, but she couldn't help admire the remainder of his palace. Even now it was shattered, it was beautiful. And Athena loved beautiful buildings. She was the goddess of architecture after all.

And Poseidon's palace had been, and still was, a magnificent piece of architecture. Something outstanding, something breathtakingly beautiful. Something little people ever saw. And now it was shattered, her job would be to help Poseidon rebuilt it.

Now she saw the potential, now she actually saw his palace, she felt a little bit better. It would be very enjoyable to restore the palace former glory, even if that meant aiding and cooperating her enemy.

She walked inside the palace and received shocked looks from the servants around her. They looked all at her with equal shock and disbelief, but didn't say anything. They probably didn't want to anger her.