Chapter 14

Valentina POV

The ice freezing atmosphere of the car was killing me deeply. The silence wasn't what I want and at the same time I don't know where to start and begin with.

Eric's cold shoulder was piercing my heart. Deep down I knew this was what's the outcome of my secret and past life would bring. Then I couldn't careless what others would think of me but now the feeling of loosing Eric was far too strong than I could ever say.

I peeked through my lashes at him. His figure appears to be blank which says a lot of what's to come next. I felt like somehow a whale should jump out from thin air and swallow me.

I sigh at my thought clenching onto my summer gown tight in my grip. I took another deep breath realizing I was having a panic attack.

My breath had seized, my throat and neck hurts. The need to yell out filled my senses but the annoying past was I couldn't. It was like I am being compelled not to.

My hands fumbled to grab Eric's. I felt his hand immediately held mine making my shortened breath gather out slowly.

"Valentina what wrong?" His concern face occupied my sight as I refuse to snap my gaze off him.

After what felt like forever, I start regaining myself back. Feeling weak I rested my head back on the seat. I winched slightly when I felt the kick of the baby hitting my womb.

"Valentina?" Eric's voice pulled my off my thought.

I gazed at him taking off my eyes from my stomach "The baby kicked" My hand still held by his moved to place it on the side I was been attacked in.

My gaze studied Eric's reaction as a kick was felt again. A smile automatically went to his face. The joy of know a living been was there filled us both with excitement.

Surprisingly Eric bent his head down to the level of my stomach whispering "Hey little one. I can see you up and kicking. You most certainly be a footballer with the way you move in there. Now be calm don't make Mom uncomfortable" His soft voice spoke out to the baby who I believe wasn't even hearing a thing he said but I was cut short when the pain stopped.

"Wow" I quietly said amused by what transpired between father and child. Eric's hand continue rubbing my stomach after knowing the kick had stopped. Maybe it's to feel how the baby is or the shape of my stomach.

Contented with everything I sigh deeply closing my eyes for a short nap out of the world a little.

Just a short nap

****************

The feel of a soft materials covering my surroundings woke me from my nap. I blink at that the touch of light illuminating the room through the open window. I realised I was placed on a bed.

Something else caught my attention. Eric's back was facing me while he stare at god knows where. Probably thinking about what took place a moment ago.

Trying to avoid the been caught awake I slowly closed my eyes back seeing if I could force myself back to the deep arms of darkness in the other side.

"I know you're awake" Startled at the voice of Eric I flinched a little.

Bursted, how did he know? I thought to myself only to get back a rhetorical responds back.

Sitting up on the soft silk bed I clenched in to the white duvet with my left hand feeling uncomfortable while I ran my right hand fingers through my blonde hair smoothening it a bit.

"Eric.." I tried speaking but was cut off by Eric's interjection.

"Why didn't you tell me, Ehm?" He turn around placing his sapphire blue eyes on my brown gold one.

I immediately realize he was referring to what my sister openly exposed about our pasted life

"Eric I can explain" I stretched my hand to touch his sleeved rowed muscular arm. At my touch Eric flinched away from me standing up to get a clear view of me.

His action hurts a lot. It pains to the length of feeling my heart bleed. I knew I was loosing him which wasn't what I had wanted not with my new found feeling, not with my new revolution of changes.

"What's there to explain. The fact you date and sleep around with men to extract money from them doesn't hurt but the knowledge of making such move with my brother pierces my heart Valentina. Its killing me" His words broke my heart more because whatever he said were true but that was the old foolish me.

"I'm sorry" Tears ran down my cheeks when I noticed his eyes already watering. I knew at that moment I had done Eric the worst thing. I broke him.

"I tried forcing myself to forget what your sister said but I just can't the idea of me being the wrong Smith you wanted, the wrong Smith you got pregnant for breaks my heart" His voice quivered as he spoke showing his fragile state.

A sob escaped my mouth as I placed my palm covering my mouth as I cry. My stare still not wavering from his sad eyes.

I wanted to scream out loud 'you're not the wrong Smith but the right one' A word of that never came out.

"Valentina the moment I met you I knew I must have you but seeing your friendship with my sister I stayed back not wanting to hurt her by taking away her friend from her. The day at the club with you.." He paused kneeing at down with his elbows on the bed "..that night with you was one of my best mistake because I had the chance to keep you as mine, the chance to love you like I had always done. I love you Valentina"

The word 'I love you' coming from his lips gave me an unbreakable joy hearing him tell me he loved me made my heartbeat fast in excitement.

"I love you Eric I really do" I tried whispering out through my tears and happiness.

Eric shook his head in disapproval. I furrow my brow in confusion "Unfortunately I don't think you feel the same way" He stood up back on his feet.

I had no idea when I instantly went on my kneel while still on the bed grabbing his hand as he try walking away from me.

"No Eric I love you so much I don't know what I would do without you" I pleaded with him through my eyes.

Pulling his hand off my hold he spoke "Maybe that just it you feel the need to oblige my feelings back for the baby's sake" I opened my mouth to denied his allegation "Even if you truly do love me I'm afraid I need more than that. I deserve more than I love you" A deep sigh escaped his lips as tears ran down his cheeks on who moment of heartbreak.

Eric placed his hands on his waist casting his gaze down "I think I need a break from all this, so do you. You need to figure yourself out. You need to relief whatever had been inputted in you from the past to learn to love yourself so there will be enough space in your heart to love others" He paused "But don't worry I'll still take care of our unborn child"

At his word he left the now cold room leaving me to my soul eating demons.

Am back to square one.  This was my real punishment of my disgusting past. Losing Eric while already Falling for him.

********************

Sorry for the late updates been busy.

Thank you for reading This book.

But beware starting from next week the name will be changed from The Billionaire's Best Mistake to Falling For Eric. (Book 2)

The Billionaire's Wife to Loving Justin. (Book 1)

Mr Billionaire Womanizer to Claiming Sebastian. (Book 3)

31days and Night With The Billionaire to Ruling Vincent (Book 4)

The Billionaire's Attraction to Fighting For Caleb (Book 5)

The Billionaire's Temptation to Tempting James. (Book 6)

The Billionaire's Inspiration to Desiring Alexander. (Book 7)

Thank you. The covers will soon be posted.