Chapter 22

Valentina POV

"That will be all for today Valentina" The red hair woman in her late 40s spoke out with a warm smile plastered on her face.

"Okay" I murmured out lifting up my bag head straight to the door.

"Valentina?" A voice behind me called out. I turn back to glance at her, confusion written on my face at the sudden unexpected call.

"It's time" She said earnestly. A sigh escape my lips as I head out of the white painted office.

After leaving my past life behind I struggle to financially proved for myself. Helpfully I'm making it through my weekly blog. Thankfully I could proved for my therapy section.

Which was very helpful as I'm mentally getting myself. The last section before today Francesca Rolland—my therapist, insisted I call my family for closure. It took me forever and a tantrum to indulge I'm such idea. Thou I did call Vivian and Rafela. But my so-called parent. Never!

The road to them has long been destroyed. There was no going back to them. I can't even dream of setting my eyes on them. Their sight and presence disgust me. But when has it never been so.

It took me by surprise how much apology were thrown on my way by my sister. Those 'We're sorry', 'We feel to ashamed to call you after all we have done' 'We're sorry for failing to protect you from those monsters, We were just drowning in our own sympathy and fail to shield you'

Trust me those words coming put from both of they mouth felt like gold. It wasn't everyday you receive an apology form the Turner family.

I could say my life is complete but would only be deceiving myself. One piece was missing. That one whole body filling piece and I....

I shook my head from whatever thought.

'Not now!" I mentally chastised myself as I sat inside my car turning the it on then pulled out from the parking lot while holding the wheel in my clenched fist, continuously cursing out like a deranged woman.

My life seems almost perfect now but I had to destroy it peace with the certain thought of a particular person.

Why now?

Why do I feel uneasy? Could something be terrible wrong?

I hope not! I have had just about enough drama in my life to last me a life time, I don't need anymore addition to my pain.

I deserve better.

I continue chanting the words in my head when I felt the vibration of my phone move on the compactor.

Sigh at the sight of the caller, I connect it immediately to the car Bluetooth.

I booming voice ring out in the car making me flinch hard almost losing control of the wheel at the weight of his voice.

"Tsk tsk tsk Valentina Turner don't you think it's about time you pay the price for your sins?"

"Is this some kind of sick joke? Who the hell are you? And how did you get my number?" I snapped trying to appear brave while on the other round I was scared shitless at the sound of his voice.

"Don't be so stupid woman, can't you tell by my voice I'm nothing but your very main doom?" He mocked me through the other line.

"You know what? To hell with you and your useless prank, go take someone of your size" I stretched me hand to end the call.

"Tsk if I where you I wouldn't do that"

Frightened I halt on my move staring straight as I drive avoiding getting into any accident. A creepy feeling of fear ran thorough my spine at the thought of being watch by who so ever it was.

Okay this is starting to scare me.

Could it be Xander's men coming back to get me for killing him?

I broke out on sweat quickly wiping the one running down my temple in the cool Air-con car. My hand shook as I held it tight with my sweaty palm.

"Don't sweat much it isn't going to help either of us"

Yeah! He was certainly watching me but where.

"Also don't bother gazing around because you won't find me or see me"

"W-What do you want from me?" I tried putting in a firm voice but signs of fear linger in it.

"It simple—I just need you to stop and pack your car at the roadside" My brow frown in confusion as I moved my eye balls right to left. Wondering what could be the reason.

"And why would I do that? I'll never heed to sure idea" I snapped out in fear of the unknown.

A laughter filled the car coming from the stranger as I finds humor in my discomforting state.

This wasn't what I need not now.

"Let me assure you'll not when we have your precious lover boy, what is name again-"

Oh no please don't let it be who I think it is! Please, please.

"-Ah! Eric Smith"

The car screech to a halt at the sudden news as I shook in fear for the man I love. What more bad luck can I continue brings to the Smith's family.

"What have you done to him!?" I yelled in my car already shedding heavy tears as it blinds my vision. A sob escaped my lips as I cried out.

"Thank you" He spoke out in gratitude then the line went off.

Thank you? Thank you!

"Hello? Don't you dare cut off the line from me!" I continue yelling out like a lunatic at I slam my hand hard on the wheel—which hurts as I cradle my wrist close to my chest. A grunt of pain escape my mouth at the sudden pain I felt. Not from the my wrist but from my heart.

I sigh resting my head on the headrest taking in a deep breath when I heard the sound of my car unlocking.

Jumping up in fright, knowing I didn't unlock it I rush to lock it but it remain stiff. The lock was jam or was it?

My answer was immediately answered at the force of the car being opened revealing an unknown man who's sight was blinded for me seeing from the ray of sun shine behind him.

"Thank you for stopping. Your life is about to change"

I flinch trying to move backward when I felt a handkerchief placed on my nose as I struggle not to breath in the substance. It wouldn't take a genius to know what it was from the amount of movies I've watched.

"Breath my dear it will soon be over soon" His soft voice spoke out making me believe all will be well.

Finally I gave into it.

Thou I couldn't see his face but I could tell he was smiling.

************

Thank you for reading Falling For Eric!!

See you in the next Chapter hopefully it will come to an end next week!!

Lots of love❤❤❤❤❤