nine

i keep my head down as I walk through the apartment, sighing deeply as I did some cleaning up before I had to leave for work.

it's currently 7:45 and I had to be at work in two hours and fifteen minutes.

after I had woken up from that...dream, i couldn't fall back to sleep. i didnt even remember how I ended up in bed with Billie. I'd told her to sleep in my bed while I took the sofa, but I guess my subconscious mind didnt agree.

Billie was going through her phone, deleting every message and picture of her boyfriend - ex boyfriend? I dont know what he is. I just know that billie is staying at my place until she can get back on her feet.

"bil, we'd better leave now so I can drop you off at your car," I tell her softly, grabbing the keys to my car. I pull on my black leather jacket and a "fuc-12" beanie that I stole from Billie.

she nods at my words, pulling herself off of the sofa. she pulls a pair of shoes on - I don't even know if they were hers - and followed me out the door and to my beetle.

I get in and watch as Billie steps into my car, pulling the buckle over her shoulder. I dont bother with mine as I start the car and connect the bluetooth. I turn the volume up as bad bitch by bebe rexha and ty dolla $ign plays through the speakers.

I press my hands against the steering wheel and back out of the parking lot, speeding down the seemingly abandoned street. I make my way toward billie's apartment, glancing over at the girl every block or two. her face was visibly growing more pale with every stoplight we passed, and her nails were digging into the palms of her hands.

I reach over and grab one of her hands, spreading her fingers and placing my fingers between them. I murmur a soft, "squeeze," and that's all it took. the closer we got to her apartment, the harder she squeezed my hand. i felt like my hand was gonna break off, but as long as her anxiety was at bay, I didn't mind.

I sigh deeply, the building coming into view. I pull into the parking lot and look at her as I park next to her charger, murmuring softly. "I'm not going to leave until you're out of the parking lot, I promise."

she nods slightly, a slight smile on her lips as she opens the door, stepping out quickly before getting into her own car. I could see her visibly relax as she starts the car, the deep rumbling of the engine calming both of our heartbeats.

she puts the charger into drive and starts to pull out of the parking lot, me right behind her. I continue the drive to the corner store, as she turns her way to go back to my apartment.

as I pull into the parking lot of the corner store, I send Billie a quick text message.

"let me know when you get home. stay safe -d"