3

Living with May and Ben was interesting. I wasn't used to seeing daily activities carried out without magic. Back home, all I had to do was snapped my fingers to get clean. But, I'm still a kid, I can't do that. Daddy or Mama does that for me instead.

Ben and May are awesome. They are really really really kind. I was glad that they were my adoptive parents. Although, I still missed Mama and Daddy.

I've been living with them for about a month now, and I felt slightly more confident towards them. I opened up slightly, and spoke a bit more English.

Ben was really kind and he was also what I would call wise. He had that kind smile of one who believes in another. Does Ben believe in me? I really hope so.

Every night, before I go to bed, I would stare outside my window and out to the starry night sky. Something about it just reminds me of home. And that, made me even more homesick.

Every night, before I go to bed, I try to contact Mama and Daddy through a mind link. But I'm still very young, 4, I can't call that far and without a direct place. But nonetheless, I still tried every night. I tried everything, everything that could assure me that Mama and Daddy are safe.
---
I'm now 7 years old and about to start First Grade. I'm really nervous. What if no one likes me? What if no one wants to be my friend? What if I get bullied?

Thousands of thoughts rushed through my head as Ben sent me to school. "Have fun, kiddo." He called out, waving goodbye. I meekly nodded, before shuffling towards my new school.

It was full of new and unfamiliar faces. I felt really really scared. I was super skinny, and I looked very nerdy. I was the perfect target for bullies.

All my worries slowly came back as I struggled in the midst of the crowd to get to my locker. At my locker, there was this boy, he looked nervous too.

Upon seeing me, he stammered slightly. "Uh hey. I-I'm Ned."

I offered a small smile. "I'm Peter."
---
Ned turned out to be a great friend. He was my first ever friend, and I was delighted. So far, school has been fine, unless you count name-calling from a jock called Flash. One look at me, and he already started calling me Penis.

I knew I could knock him out with one flick of a wrist. (I've been practicing.) But I couldn't. I couldn't just show everyone I had these special powers. Besides, I could always heal myself. Others? They can't. So I let him.