Chapter 10- Friday Part 5

Mikayla's P.O.V

I checked in at the main office, handing Mrs. Halbert my fake doctor's note. I had Xavier sign it with a fake doctoral name.

As I walked through the busy hallway, I was reminded of when I met Xavier. It would be an interesting story to tell friends and family.

I was halfway to my fifth period class when I bumped into Leila. She grabbed my arms roughly and pulled me into a supply closet.

She pulled a piece of string and a light came flickering on.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a mate?!" She yelled as soon as the door shut.

"What?! How did you figure out? I was just going to tell you today."

"You and your new friends smelled weird, so I figured out that they were werewolves. I knew you weren't a werewolf, so the only other option wants that you were mated with one," she explained.

"We're not mated. He just marked me," I blushed a light pink at the thought of Xavier and I mating.

"Can I see it?" I nodded and brushed my brown hair to the side. Leila thoroughly observed my beautiful mark. I was proud of the mark.

"It's so beautiful. He must a higher rank for that kind of mark."

"Yeah, I think he said he was the Alpha of the Blood Mountain Pack."

"Really? That is so cool! I heard that they are really scary, though," Leila said.

"Wait, back up. A minute ago, you said we smelled weird...Are you some type of dog?" I asked, clearly confused.

"Well, Mikayla..." Her voice trailed off.

"If you say, 'I'm a werewolf,' I swear I w-."

"Im a vampire," Leila finally spilled.

"You're a what?!"

"A vampire. You know, bloodsucking animal, supposed enemy of all werewolves...." Her voice trailed off, giving me a moment process the information.

We stood in silence for a second.

I finally broke the silence, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm so sorry Mikayla. It's just that vampires and werewolves don't appreciate humans knowing about their existence. I didn't want to put you in harm's way," Leila apologized.

"I can't be mad at you. I'm just hurt that you would keep this from me for 15 years. Why do you tell me now?" I ask, obviously hurt.

"Since you already know about vampires, nothing should stop you from knowing about other supernatural species."

"Well, I already knew about vampires. But I'm also really grateful that you felt comfortable enough to tell me that you were one of them. Therefore, I forgive you for not telling me about it before."

Without warning, Leila pulled me into a tight hug, "I'm happy for you," she said into my ear.

She unwrapped her arms from me and looked at me with a serious expression.

"How hot is he?" She asked.

I burst out laughing. I continued to laugh for a few seconds before I realized she wasn't kidding. I even started crying due to my laughing.

"Wait, you're serious?" I asked, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Yeah. I need to know my best friend is in handsome hands."

"Yes, he is the most good-looking guy in the whole world. His eyes are like stars in the night sky. His hair is like silk," I said, dreamily.

Leila snapped her fingers in my face to bring me back to reality.