Chapter 12- Thursday-Monday

Mikayla's P.O.V

I opened my eyes to find myself in an empty room. Xavier was standing on one side and Alyssa was standing on the other.

"Xavier!" Alyssa exclaimed.

"Princess, I thought I'd never find you!" Xavier started moving forward toward Alyssa.

I felt my heart break into a million pieces. Xavier and Alyssa are meant for each other.

Just as Alyssa was at the middle, Xavier did the unexpected.

He walked toward me.

He pulled me into a tight hug and inhaled my scent.

"I thought I had lost you forever, Princess," he whispered.

We stood silent.

"I love you," he unexpectedly said.

I was speechless.

Did I love him? But then I realized how much he meant to me. How much I me at to him. After that, I came to the conclusion that I did love him. We have only been together for a few days, but in that short time period, our feelings have grown more than most relationships grow in 10 years.

I love Xavier.

Suddenly, Xavier disappeared into this air. So did Alyssa. I looked down at my torso and saw myself fading away. I felt tingly. Before I knew it I was thrown back into darkness.

Xavier's P.O.V

"What?" I asked., baffled by Ryder's sudden comment.

Without answering, Ryder walked over to Leila and hugged her tightly.

"You're his mate?" I asked Leila.

Ryder growled and pushed Leila behind him. I knew his wolf was very protective after finding his mate

"Dude, calm down. My mate is right here," I stated the obvious and pointed toward Mikayla. Just as I did, her eyes twitched.

I immediately knelt down and squeezed both her hands. Her eyes fluttered open and she stared at me for a second. I looked back at her with adoring eyes.

"Xavier," she said, breathlessly.

"I thought I had lost you," I whispered before burying my face in her neck.

"We'll just leave you two alone," Ryder awkwardly walked out of the room with Leila.

"Are you really here?" She asked.

"Of course I am, Princess," I smiled.

"I'm so so sorry for throwing you in the pool. I didn't know you couldn't sw-," I started apologizing, but Mikayla cut me off.

"Xavier, it's okay. I should have told you that I didn't know how to swim. But it's over now, everything is fine."

"Mikayla?"

"Yes?"

"I think I love you. Yeah, I love you," I confidently said.

She sat silent.

"You don't have to say anything right now. I just thought you should know. The time that I had to spend without you was fucking terrible. I relaxed how much I loved you. I know it's really soon, but it won't stop me from expressing my true feelings. You don't have to say it back, I don't want to rush you into anything," I explained.

"Xavier?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you," I said. Xavier stared at me, surprised.