«Chapter 2»

A week has passed and I feel not so lonely.

Me and Chase sit on the ground picking at grass, "So what is your favorite book?"

"City of Bones," Answered Chase.

"Really? I have never read it," I say.

"What!?!?! You need to read it, it is a really good book."

"Ok, where can I find it?".

He opened his bag, "Actually, I have it right here."

He handed me the book as I glanced over the author's name. Cassandra Clare.

"Do you want a summary?"

"No, I just think that summaries are spoilers with fewer details."

"Wow! I've never heard that, now that I think of it, it kinda makes sense."

"See, that's what books are for, it makes you want to read it and keep flipping those pages. I just feel like summaries beat up the whole read to find out vibe."

"That makes sense," Chase said.

I notice that Luna was walking up to the gate, "Hey, what is Luna doing?"

"Oh, you have not heard? We are getting a new boy, his name is Oliver, I think," Replied Chase.

"Wow!" I get up "I will be right back."

"Hey Maddi, what is going on?"

"The new boy finally arrived, his name is Oliver, he has the same problem you have."

"He is human?" I question.

"Ask him yourself. Oliver, over here! I think you have been waiting for this girl".

He smiles "Hi I'm Oliver!"

"I'm Lola," I answer "are you human?"

"Yeah, my parents left me in the woods, the pack that found me is relocating and they wanted me to go to a pack that had someone like me."

"I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is human in this place, it gets kinda boring without someone to talk to about all of this. Chase talks to me, but he probably doesn't understand."

"I do!" Chase interrupted.

"Really?"

"Well not about your parents, but about the summaries and how they are just spoilers."

"Hey, I think they're spoilers too! It just gives away the whole purpose of reading the book."

"Oh my god!" Chase yelled and walked off.

A/N

Sorry it's short, but I couldn't add anything else or it would just drag on and I didn't think I could just end there. Thank you guys so much for reading this chapter! Comment what you think will happen next!