Epilogue

• Dedicated to Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura

                                         »If we were a storm,

                                            you'd be thunder

                                          and I'd be lightning.

                                    When it rains we'll always

                                        be close to eachother.

                                            You can see me

                                         and I can hear you

                                                      BJB

Rain fogged up my windows, the bitter cold from outside crashed into warm glass. It felt strange, sitting in my room again. Every single thing in its place, even the large bottle of extra absorbent body milk. I had a desire to write, but the words I held inside became so ugly to utter. I was myself, and I was not. Something changed. Darkness brought out the worst in me, and yet...there was something more to it.

There had to be a reason for all of this. There had to be a reason for my existence.

Newspapers called me the Agatha Christie Phenomenon. Apparently this old writer suffered a car crash a long time ago, and wandered into a hotel, checking in as someone else. She suffered such severe amnesia that she created a completely new persona in a moment of shock. That's what they thought happened to me. When the bus crashed and burned, somehow I escaped. In a state of shock I walked away and got lost. For weeks I roamed the streets of a large city in east France, when finally somebody asked if I was all right.

At least that's what they believe happened.

My family was overwhelmed when they heard of my rescue. Mom even collapsed into dad's arms when she saw me, I had never seen or felt so much happiness or joy running through tears. Even my brother wept.

Lena and Gaja were almost left speechless, the words they spoke were like another language, I couldn't understand a thing.

They all questioned me about the time after the accident, but I said I couldn't remember. That I wasn't myself. At least one of those things was true.

Today they demolished my gravestone. Mom couldn't bare to look at it anymore.

Everywhere I went, I had a chaperone with me. Everyone became paranoid and worried that I would wander off if not supervised. But I didn't leave the house much anyway, I preferred my cozy room.

And Lucifer appeared every time I called; on the phone of course, we no longer had a connection through the devil's mark. He searched for Layla, but he realized that she must have vanished to the Underworld when I died. I missed the tiny, growling fur-ball. The way she would slobber all over my pillow.

I enjoyed every kiss I shared with Lucifer, even those which lingered between us like wishful thinking, the nights we spent talking about the Universe, music and everything else, every As you wish, that left his lips to break your heart.

I was going to find the truth behind my existence. And in doing so I will become Lucifer's equal, for I had no intention to be – a woman that stands behind every great man, I was going to be a great woman that stands next to a great man.

I am not a princess who needs saving,

I can slay my own dragons.

THE END

Author's note: Please, 'like' my FB page for awesome writing competitions and wonderful prizes! https://www.facebook.com/KatRuby92/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel