6; Dreams

Nightmare watched through the window. He was happy in a sense to watch Error happy, especially after all he did. He knew it was half fake but nightmare could also tell Error was happy.

'Hes doing well is he not?'
'Would you be quiet?'
'Quiet isn't who I am.'
'Oh shut it.'
'Is he doing well?'
'I did what you recommended.'
'Is he happy again?'
'If you so worried come and see for yourself.'
'We both know I can't. Not yet.'
'And our other friend?'
'He misses Re, but he's handling. It's been about two years you know, it's still hard for him. It's only been such a large amount of time for you because the multiverse is running time fast to catch up.'
'That's good. Have you mastered the clear paint formula yet?'
'Yep.'
'That's good.'
'Brother one more thing before I go… he called for Reboot after a nightmare instead of Error. When I called him Ink he didn't recognize the name… he's starting to remember and I think he's actually remembering way to much…  and brother, he has began destroying again. He said he would take Errors job and keep the balance until you came back.'
'Thank you Dream. Stay safe okay?'
'Love you Night.'
'You too baby bro.'

Nightmare sighed leaning back before curling up on the ground. He wished he could take it back, take it all back. He wanted to be back home with his brother. He hated this multiverse where he had actually hurt Dream. He hadn't any control when the au was building itself.
"I'm so sorry Re." He whispered, feeling his world grow dark. 

“Nightmare stop! Let me help you! Before it’s too late!” Nightmare could feel the darkness consuming his being but somehow he heard Dreams calls.
“Dream?” He whimpered reaching through the dark haze surrounding him.
“I’m here brother.” Dream grabbed his shaking hand, now being covered in the black goop, and pulling him into a hug. Nightmare was quaking but he gripped his brother as tight as he could. If he was hurting Dream the other didn’t speak up.
“I’m scared.” Nightmare was quiet, his voice almost nonexistent.
“I know. I know. I won’t let this consume you okay? You’ll be alright.” Nightmare couldn’t see it but he could tell Dream was crying.
‘I’m so sorry.’ He thought to himself before he began to slip out of consciousness.
‘Don’t be.’ Dream thought back and without realizing it, the brothers now had a telekinetic bond. 

When they brought it up Reboot threw out the idea that in saving Nightmare, who was now back in his passive form and only changed when he was fighting or angry, Dream somehow linked his mind with Nightmares to bring him back from the darkness.

“Hey Nightmare? Will you be okay on your own? Blue said he got a text from Reboot about Eraser destroying more worlds and he wants us to go help.” Dream turned to his brother who had become overwhelmingly clingy since the incident.
“Can I come with? I can protect you and make sure you stay unhurt. Plus who knows who might show up to help Eraser.” Nightmare hummed.
“Please, even if Dust and Killer show, they hate Eraser, everybody does. No one would help him. But sure, you can come with. You’re Reboots best, well second only to Blue actually, friend.” Dream smiled.

“No DoNt KiLl ErAsEr!” Reboot was glitching as he stood in front of the destroyer who sat there dully.
“Hey Boots? Do you have any of that cool feeling paint you bring?” Eraser asked chill. Dream and Blue stared at the creator in shock and Nightmare shifted awkwardly. He had already known of his best friends ‘friendship’ with the creator and his inflation. 
“You know you can just ask, right Race? You don’t have to destroy a universe when you start to feel empty. I’ll give you paint anytime.” Reboot whispered before sighing.
“I asked you to come in hopes you would help me subdue him, not kill him!” He snapped handing a bottle to Eraser. It was yellow, a pale yellow, but still yellow. Eraser drank it and his eyes began hastily changing shapes. A light filled the area and Reboot leaned towards Eraser as the destroyer let out a yell.

It had been a happiness paint mixed with a bit of free emotion. Or at least what his prototype for free emotions was at the time. It didn’t work as Reboot had intended, the formula wasn’t right.

Why did he have to give Eraser such a pale yellow. Maybe then that day would have turned out differently. Maybe then Reboot wouldn’t have gotten sick. Maybe then things wouldn’t have turned out with what nightmare had said. Maybe then Nightmare would have never called Eraser a selfish monster for when he did when Reboot was sick. Maybe then they would be living their lives calmly.

“What are you doing here? Who are you?” Nightmare sat up, his eyes wide. That nightmare had been so much more, a memory, a memory he fought to forget. His eyes met Blue’s who didn’t seem to recognize him in his passive form which Nightmare had switched to while he was asleep.
“I’m so terribly sorry. You see I just awoke here and-“
‘What the heck Dream?’
‘Don’t worry about it brother.’
“Oh it’s fine. Do you need a place to stay? Do you know where your going and how to get there?” Blue asked completely forgetting that he didn’t know this person’s name.
‘See nothing to worry about,’
‘How did you figure that out?’
‘A Blue is a blue no matter the multiverse, lets go,’
“Ah no i've got it. Thank you though.” Nightmare spoke as he stood and quickly hurried away, leaving Blue in the dust. 

‘That was a close one.’
‘Agreed.’