Chapter 2

Minx’s world was collapsing around her. No, Chilled couldn’t be dead. She didn’t believe it. No. No. Maybe it’s a joke. Maybe… Maybe… Maybe…

Her mind became fogged by grief and shock and loss and denial and anger and hatred and sadness and loneliness and memories and fear and everything else all at once. She felt the presence of Krism and Dave around her but she couldn’t see them as she broke and fell to the ground. All she could see was Anthony’s laughing face and adorable dimples. Or his grin as he played and surprised face that he always did when he looked to the side…  He was one of her greatest friends- gone. The blue walls around her no longer  felt like a home but like a prison, darkening and shrinking by the second.

“ChilledChaos come back, tell me this isn’t real. C’mon tell me how diabolical you are or how questionable the situation is. Please. Chilled, tell me this isn’t real.”

 …

Minx woke up in her bed. Face damp and eyes sore. Breath weak and mind muddled. Krism looked upon her from a chair in the corner, her brown eye had gone so red that it almost matched her other one.

Minx’s voice was crackly and barely audible, “Is he… really...?”

Krism replied with a silent, small nod. Minx stared blankly at the pale blue wall.

She was angry, so, so angry, angry at herself. Chilled thought she had hated him. HE DIED THINKING SHE HATED HIM. The idea knocked the breath out of Minx. She loved Anthony, he was like a brother to her, and they were the greatest team and best friends.

Sure, she was annoyed at what he had done, everyone was, but she wasn’t REALLY angry. But now he was dead… gone… forever…

Minx didn’t realise that Krism had crawled into the bed with her until she felt her lover’s arm cradle her softly. Downstairs she heard the faint sound of pots and could smell the warm and comforting smell of soup from the kitchen and thought Dave must be leaving the couple alone and making some food: how nice of him. Minx rested her head on Krism’s shoulder and spoke softly.

“How?”

 Her big brown eyes that sometimes looked red and evil (and terribly sexy as far as Krism thought) now looked childish and innocent as they gazed sadly at Krism. But Krism was hesitant; should she tell Minx? Well, she thought, she would find out as soon as she logged onto a computer anyway, so she may as well tell her herself.

“He was hit by a truck, he… he didn’t stand a chance,”

Minx nodded silently and then continued to stare at the wall, now with a single tear running down her blank expression.

‘Oh no,’ Krism thought, ‘This is going to be rough.’