Alexa Delivers Sad News To Maryse And Daniel.

The next morning, Maryse woke up early to get breakfast ready before I headed out to get morning run in. And while she prepped a couple of sausage patties for me along with hash browns and scrambled eggs, a knock came to the door and of course I answered since I woke up not long after Maryse did. I found Sophia with little Monroe in her arms. Monroe immediately reached out to me and I took her from Sophia. She giggled as I bounced her in my arms.
"So you in town for a while Sophia?" I asked her.
"Yes. Just for a few days." She answered.
"Okay. Well, choose a room."
"Of course." She kissed my cheek as I headed into the kitchen to check on Maryse.
"Hey, look whose here." Maryse looked to me and smiled as she saw Monroe.
"Hey, baby girl. Are you enjoying your stepdad?" Maryse smiled as Monroe giggled and gurbled.
"Your moms here by the way." I smiled as I kissed Maryse's cheek.
"I was expecting that." She replied. I walked into the parlor and played with Monroe while Sophia walked into the kitchen. "Hey, mom."
"Maryse, dear. How was your honeymoon?"
"It was amazing. We ejoyed the beach, the water, we even took a romantic boat tour of the islands."
"Sounds fun."
"It was. Daniel's an amazing man, mom. He's done everything possible to make sure I'm safe and sound and comfortable. He's also done the same for little Monroe."
"Yeah, she really loves her stepdad."
"Yeah. She does. And I can't wait for our twins to get here. I swear. Daniel is going to be an outstanding father to our twins. He's already proving that with how well he's been to Monroe since before the divorce."
"Speaking of the twins, dear. Before you and Daniel go to your appointment in a couple hours, what do you hope to have in terms of the twins?" Sophia asked.
"I don't really care to theorize. As long as their healthy. But if push came to shove. I wouldn't mind if we had one of each."
"I couldn't have said it better myself." I said coming in with my running shoes on, and Monroe on my shoulders.
"Of course you still haven't gone out for your morning run, have you baby?" Maryse asked.
"Nope." I replied.
"I'll take Monroe while you get your run in Daniel." Sophia said.
"Thank you, Sophia." I smiled as she took Monroe off my shoulders. She started to cry until I patted her head and kissed her cheek. "I'll be right back little one." I smiled.
"Don't forget baby, we have an appointment with the obstetrician in an hour." Maryse smiled as she came up with a bottle of water.
"Don't worry my love, I'll be back in time." I kissed her lips and she giggled as she wrapped her arms around my neck.
"I'll have a breakfast sandwich waiting."
"Mmm, can't wait." I smiled as I headed out to do my morning run.
While out on my run I thought back to earlier this year and took a mental inventory as to what has happened to me over the past six months or so. I became the guardian of Maryse when she and Mike started having problems. My home became Maryse's when she divorced Mike and my home also became Monroe's too at certain times. Maryse told me she was pregnant with my child, which turned out to be children. Which I'm ecstatic about meeting our little ones. A little less than a month ago, I married Maryse and officially became the stepdad to little Monroe. So yeah, I've had quite the journey these past six months.
When I returned home, Maryse smiled as I walked in with a half drunk bottle of water and she approached me with a breakfast sandwich, two pieces of toast, scrambled eggs, hash brown and sausage patties in the center. I wolfed the sandwich down and drank the rest of the water that was left in the bottle after my run. "Well, you better get showered up, baby."
"On my way." I smiled as I kissed her cheek as I passed.

At the Obstetricians office...
Sophia and Monroe came with us and while Maryse and I were in the examination room Maryse was shaking from excitement and nerves. "Well, hello Mr. and Mrs. Boyce-Ouellet. Congratulations on your nuptials." Dr. Mallard smiled.
"Thanks, Duck." I grinned and being a good sport Doctor Mallard chuckled.
"Well, let's see how your twins are doing?" He went through the motions as did Maryse, she rolled up her shirt to expose her perfectly round baby bump and Mallard put a dollop of lube on her stomach and a dollop on the wand. Then started the ultrasound. We heard the little heartbeats and then saw them on the monitor. "And there they are. They seem to be quite healthy. And I am sure you two will want to know the genders?"
"We would Doctor Mallard." Maryse smiled as she held my left hand tightly.
"Very well then." After a few seconds. Maryse and I heard the news we were expecting to hear. "Well you two are going to be the proud parents of fraternal twins, a boy and a girl."
Maryse was extremely happy and excited by the news. When we made our last appointment on December 10 at 1 PM.
Sophia handed Monroe to Maryse and looked to me. "So what did the obstetrician say?" Sophia asked.
I smiled as I said, "Well ma. Your daughter and I are going to be having a boy and a girl." Sophia grinned as she hugged me then Maryse as she was holding Monroe.
"Oh I'm so happy. You'll be having twins one a boy and one a girl."
"Yeah. We're really happy about it too ma." I smiled as I wrapped an arm around Maryse and by extension Monroe. We then headed home and found Alexa on the doorstep. I knew just by the look on her face that she had bad news and worse news. I looked to Maryse. "Umm, honey. Can you take your mom and Monroe inside. I think Alexa's here to see me about something."
"Sure. Just be careful and try and listen to everything she has to say." Maryse kissed my cheek and took Sophia and Monroe inside while I approached Alexa.
"Alexa."
"Uncle Daniel." I smiled at her old nickname for me. But the tone in her voice worried me after a second.
"Okay. I recognize that tone. Where's your..." She handed me a newspaper clipping. I dreaded opening it but I had to. I read the top line, 'Former WWE Superstar Ashley Massaro Found Dead In Home'. I slumped down beside Alexa. "I told her that she could come to me with any problem. Any. And I'd try and help her through it." Alexa slid next to me and hugged me tightly. "Well I promised your mom I'd look after you if anything happened to her. So. Grab your bags and follow me inside and choose your room."
The moment I was inside the house. I walked directly to the gym and closed the door. Maryse noticed as did Sophia. Alexa sat on the sofa and breathed in.
"Umm. Alexa, what's wrong with my Dani?" Alexa just showed her the newspaper clipping and instantly knew what upset me so much to just head to the gym. "Ohh, poor Daniel. Poor you Alexa. Ashley and Daniel were best friends even after they broke up. Sophia was holding Monroe when she came in from the kitchen. Maryse just handed Sophia the clipping.
"Ohh, poor Daniel. Where is he?" Monroe started to cry as she noticed I wasn't with her mother or Alexa. Maryse gently took Monroe from her mother and Monroe started to slowly calm down.
"Well. The only thing we can do is give him space and hope for the best."