Chapter One - Autumn of Terror

All was quiet in the lodging, not a single sound could be heard. It was so quiet, that I was aware of my own breathing as I kept my footsteps light and nimble, allowing for no sound to be heard from me. Knowing that there was a monster loose in the streets of London, and could be lurking anywhere, I did not want to alarm him of my presence in the lodging. While I was meant to be out of London by now and on my way to Crawley, I could not leave my husband to continue to deal with this terror all on his own, even if we have nothing to show for all the work we have being doing thus far. 'Hence why we have summoned Evie from India, we can't do this alone I am afraid.' I thought to myself. Not long after, I heard a familiar pair of footsteps close by. I quietly made my way over to the one who is here.

"Jacob?" I said softly as I approached him. He turned around at the sound of my voice, and I could see the worry in his eyes.

"(Name), what on Earth are you doing here? You know it's not safe." He begins to say as he walked up to me. "And what about (Child's name)?" I knew he couldn't help but ask, as our child is never too far away from me, even though he/she is not exactly a child anymore.

"(Child's name) is safe. He/she is not in London, not while that monster is here. He/she should be on the train to Crawley. As for me, I am here to help you." Before anything else could be said, the sound of a crash could be heard. Worry pulled at my heart strings as there could only be one reason as to who would break into this place.

"(Name), please hide and don't come out, no matter what you hear."

"Let me help you, Jacob. I refuse to let this monster take you from me." He didn't say anything as he begins to push me into the closest closet as the sound of footsteps got closer. "Jacob...please don't leave me..." I looked at him with nothing but hurt in my eyes, knowing that this was not going to end well. I don't want to lose him.

"I love you, (Nickname)." He said, and we both knew that nothing else could be said. We both knew this had to end, and I could tell from the look in his eyes and his body language that he doesn't want me to get hurt. But can't he see that I don't want him hurt either?

"I love you too, Jacob." His lips crashed onto mine, though it felt bittersweet, before he closed the door of the closet and walked away, not wanting the Ripper to know that I am here. I walked back as far as I could remaining as quit as I could to not alert the monster that I am here. I slowly sat down and closed my eyes as I took slow breaths to calm my racing heart. In all my years of being an assassin, nothing has scared me more than the Ripper, a ruthless monster who kills with no mercy and is not afraid to make things bloody in order to achieve his goal. The fear I felt, has me clenching my fist. 'I am an assassin; I don't fear things that easily. But something about The Ripper has me trembling, and I hate it.' I thought to myself.

It wasn't long before I could hear the sound of fighting. Weapons clashed, objects crashed against the wall, things fell off the shelves, it was something that had me fearing for my husband's life. The temptation to run out there and fight with him was increasing with each passing second, but I knew that if something were to happen, I knew Jacob was counting on me to help out in a different way.

"Don't you see the irony, brother...?" A voice spoke as the fighting dies down. I felt shivers run down my spine, fear gripping my heart, worry for Jacob increasing by the second. I walked closer to the door to be able to hear better, while remaining quit, not wanting to alert the Ripper of my presence.

"Jack..." Jacob said. 'So that's the name of The Ripper. I swear I have heard the name Jack before.' I thought to myself.

"Only you know who the 'Ripper' is...But you can't tell a living soul...because it would destroy you, and the Assassins." I heard the sound of, I presume, Jacob pushing the Ripper off of him. "No, no, no, NO!" A thud could be heard, and I can only hope and pray that Jacob is okay.