Chapter Six - Loose Ends

Jack's POV

"So, Jacob's snivelling twin sister and that wife of his think they can catch 'the Ripper', eh...?" I said out loud as I stand near the Garrison. Many policemen swarm the area, too bad for them though, as they have been sent to their deaths. Just the thought of their blood coating my blade is a thought I find enjoyment in, very much so. To hear their screams of pain and agony as nothing but terror and fear flood the area is something I very much look forward to. 'Think these people are safe, Miss and Mrs. Frye? How naïve of you to think that when you are the ones who have sent them to their deaths. . And you call me the monster.'

"What the hell is this place? This prison was shut down decades ago..." I could hear one of the officers say as he inspected the place. 'Looks like I have some disposing to do.' Was the last thing I thought before making my way over to the police officer. With my blade in hand, I plunged it into the back of the unsuspecting officer's back and through his chest, a gasp of pain coming from him as he looked down at the blade. Causing further pain, I twisted the blade before ripping it out of his body, only to drag it slowly and deeply across his neck, hearing him begin to choke on his own blood before all life leaves him as he falls to the ground, a puddle of his own blood surrounding him as he continues to bleed out. With that out of the way, I entered the Deptford garrison.

"Anyone care to tell me what is going on here?" I hear a second officer say. I looked to where the voice was coming from and saw said officer talking to a prisoner.

"Most of us don't know how we got here, but the Chief Warder will have answers for you..." One of the prisoners replied to the questions asked. 'What a shame that was the last thing you would ever say.' I thought before bringing out my blade and using the prisoner as a prime example to instil fear to those around him. I start by stabbing him in the back multiple times before turning him around and stabbing him in the stomach multiple times. Screams of pain and agony coming from the prisoner while shouts of terror come from those witnessing. Nothing but fear in the air fuels me on for more before dropping the prisoner to the floor and into his own pool of blood. I looked around me and saw those who saw what I had done to the prisoner run in fear, though I couldn't let anyone leave here alive. I stalked those who ran from the scene and they all met my blade. More blood was spilled as the ground become coated in red. Eyes rolled to the back of their heads as they all fell to the ground, a pool of blood surrounding them all. Once everyone in the area was dead, I then approached another group of policemen who were interrogating one of my target witnesses.

"Stop! I'll tell you! ...It's Mister Jack who owns this place! I haven't seen him for weeks. I swear... But he'll come now, you'll see! He'll kill us all!" The witness shouted out. And how right he was.

"Ah. That's my cue." And thus, the slaughtering begins. Blade meets flesh, blood is spilled, screams full of terror fill the air as one body after another falls. The witness and the policemen had no chance of surviving, and that's what I like. It wasn't long before I caught sight of a second witness.

"I can show you letters! The Ripper's letter!" He said to an officer.

"What are you saying?" The officer asked the witness.

"I heard the Warder readin' 'em out loud one day...made me sick, it did. I'll show you..." Before he could show the officer the letters, blood was already pouring out of his throat. Before the officer even had time to react, I threw my blade right between his eyes. As he fell to the ground, I ripped my blade out of his head. With that out of the way, I then entered a nearby building that I knew had evidence that needed to be destroyed once and for all.

"I'd almost forgotten these..." I begin to say as I look over the evidence before beginning to destroy it. "There will be time for more games as 'Saucy Jack' once I've dealt with Miss and Mrs. Frye. Oh Jacob, you should have done better at keeping that sister and wife of yours away from all of this. Their death, will be on your hands." I said as I destroyed the evidence and left the building. It was then I caught sight of a third witness attempting to buy his way out of arrest. "Mr. Jack has special plans for you."

"Let me live... I can grant you money, land... I have holdings in the colonies... Please!" The witness begged. How pitiful.

"You Templars are all the same." I snuck up behind the officer and stabbed him multiple times in the back before turning him around and stabbing him multiple times in the torso before dropping him to the ground. I then turned around and saw the witness looking on in horror and fear. Without wasting another second, I slit him across the throat and watched as he choked on his own blood before falling to the ground. With that out of the way, I then made my way to John Billingsworth's, also known as the Chief Warder, building. Upon entering, I see he has been killed. "There's my favourite hangman! Looking somewhat worse for wear, poor Warder Billingsworth..." I see that a fourth witness was kicking his corpse.

"You bastard! I hope you rot in hell for what you've done!" The witness shouted out as he continued to kick the corpse.

"You should have let the Warder hang you... It would have hurt less." A wicked smile was on my face as I spoke, though of course no one could see as only my eyes are the only thing on my faced that can be seen by others. My blade plunges into the witness's chest through his back multiple times, causing him to gasp out in pain. For good measure, I stabbed my blade into his neck and dragged it slowly across his throat, hearing him choke on his own blood before falling dead on the ground. With that over and done with, I went into the building where my guests' personal effects were being stored to destroy them. "The Warder had orders to burn all their personal effects... The police must not find this evidence. No one must find my guests' personal effects..." Making sure that not a single piece of evidence was left behind, it was then I left the Garrison. Nothing but death surrounds the area now.

It won't be long before my masterpiece will bring them running, right into my arms. I look forward to the family reunion...