Chapter Seven - The Mother of All Crimes

"Monster, you damn monster!" Was the only thing I shouted out as I saw the mutilated body on the bed upon arriving to the scene of the latest murder. My shouting must've caused an officer to come into the room, as I felt someone's hands on my shoulder and begin to pull me away from the scene.

"OI! You're not allowed in here!" The officer said as he restrained me by pinning me to the wall with his arm across my throat. I mustered up my best glare and saw him flinch from the intensity. If looks could kill, he would be six feet under by now.

"(Name)!" Evie shouted out as she ran over and pulled the officer off of me.

"Mrs. Frye! Get a hold of yourself!" Mr. Abberline said as he soon entered the room after, what I assume, hearing me shout out, only to see the officer pinning me to the wall. "Go go...Out." He said to the officer, who reluctantly left the room.

"Who is she? Tell me quickly." I demanded of the Inspector once the officer had left. My body shook in rage, eyes blazing with fury as my fists clenched together. My blood boiled as I glance back at the woman before looking right into the Mr. Abberline's eyes, demanding an answer from him.

"Tell you? By what right?! I am an officer of the law, I'm not a member of your secret organization."

"Listen to me... Jacob knows—"

"No, you listen to me, I cannot cover for you much longer. All the evidence points to your brother, your 'Order', you, even Evie... You need to deliver the Ripper's head on a spike soon, or I'm afraid there will be nothing to stop my men from arresting you or Evie in his stead."

"You'll have his head, even if it costs me mine." I noticed how Evie was quiet throughout this whole ordeal, while I was seething. "Who was she?"

"A young 'Unfortunate', by far the youngest at 25... Miss Kelly was found dead here at 10:45 this morning. Her throat had been cut and her whole head and body mutilated in a fashion which defines the word hideous." Mr. Abberline said.

"He removed her organs, her heart... even her dignity!" I said as I looked at the woman, her corpse nothing but defiled. "You want me to see you as she did... Imagine the terror she felt? Do you hurt women just to prove you're a man, Jack?"

"The kettle is still warm...That is a lot of blood." Evie said.

"What's this?" I begin to say as I noticed something on the door that seems to go with the markings on the wall when positioned right. . "Jack must have left these markings for us."

My gift to you, Miss and Mrs. Frye, and more to come unless you do as Jack says: Follow the trail of blood through the looking glass.

"Jack wants us to return to the scene of his first crime" Evie said after we both had a look at the message that was left for us.

"We will do as you say, Jack, until we find you and send you to your own special hell..." I said.

"What did you discover?" Mr. Abberline said.

"A message for Evie and I. The monster is going to lead us right to him, Inspector. We must return to the locations of the Ripper's first crime..."

"Don't let your fury blind you, Mrs. Frye. I would not lose you, too..."

"If I do die, Inspector, I will take the Ripper with me."

"(Name), you need to calm down before we head out. Your fury will only blind you from here on out." Evie said as she placed her hands on my shoulders, forcing me to stop walking and look at her, seeing the seriousness in her eyes.

"I...understand." I begin to say as I let took a breath to try and calm myself down. "But we can't let this continue. Just look at the latest victim. Jack took everything from her and left her defiled, all because he wants our attention for this sick game of his. I swear to you; I will take him down if it is the last thing I do. I will see to it that he won't harm another innocent soul ever again and that his reign of terror will come to an end, even if it costs me my life. At least I know he will go down with me." I took a few more deep breaths to calm down. With determination coursing through my veins and a fire within the depths of my soul to silence the Ripper once and for all, I knew that either Jack or I would come out of this alive. There is no way that I would let Evie fight Jack, she needs to see to it that my son/daughter returns to the same London we saved twenty years ago and that Jacob comes home. If anything were to happen to me, they will be ok in the long run.