Neun (9)

The next day, as usual Chaeyoung did his morning routine with his beloved mother. After he was done, he waited for Mina downstairs. It had become their routine now. Mina and his driver would pick Chaeyoung up and they would go to school together.

When they arrived at school, since they were always early, they would chat for awhile before class. Mina did most of the talking, since Chaeyoung couldn't speak, and Chaeyoung didn't have much to talk about anyway, while Mina had many things she could talk about (mostly about her set of video games, which Chaeyoung was so clueless about). However, seeing the excitement on her face, the way her eyed twinkled and the way she flashed her gummy smile, that was a sight to see for Chaeyoung. Those eyes, he lost count of how many times he sketched those eyes, trying to make them look as beutiful as the real ones.

Chaeyoung waited for Mina in excitement. Then, he saw a limousine, Chaeyoung quickly hopped into the car then flashed his dimpled smile to Mina as a sign of greeting. Mina had caught up to it by now.

So she replied, "Hi to you too Chae"

"I had a really good dream yesterday" Mina declared.

"Do you want to know?" Mina asked.

Chaeyoung simply nodded his head.

Mina then warned, "Okay, don't laugh at me, okay?"

Chaeyoung shook his head violently.

Mina started her story, "So, I dreamed about how I'm a princess and have to get married..."

At the mention of getting married, Chaeyoung let out a chortle.

"You promised not to laugh" Mina whined.

Chaeyoung then covered his mouth with his hands.

Mina continued the story, "So, I have to get married and there are many candidates, well in my dream, this might sound weird, but the guy that helped us yesterday, my guy friends in my old school are the candidates.....

At the mention of that guy, Chaeyoung frowned.

"I had to choose one of them. In the end, I chose the guy that helped us yesterday...."

"The other candidates were jealous and tried to kidnap me, but he saved me, and he was so handsome even in my dream" Mina finished her story while blushing.

"I think I have a crush on that guy, Chaengie." Mina declared, while giggling.

"He's so tall, handsome, and kind. He saved us yesterday, Chaengie. I want to know his name, I'll ask Dahyun later, he seems to be the kind of person who would know about it." Mina went on.

"Mina-sama, we've arrived at school" one of Mina's bodyguards announced.

Then they got out of the car. Mina waltzed to class, excitedly, Chaeyoung on the other hand, wanted nothing more than to just go back home.

When they arrived in class, Mina quickly went to the seat beside Chaeyoung, took a seat and asked him, "Now, Chaengie, I consider you a really good friend to me. I need to know about your opinion. So, what is your opinion about that guy?"

Chaeyoung heaved a sigh. He looked at Mina's twinkling eyes. If he were to be honest, he didn't like that guy at all, he's part of the jocks, and Chaeyoung still remembered clearly how he punched his stomach and kicked him repeatedly. However, those eyes, he felt weak seeing them, he didn't have the heart to break the bad news to her.

So he wrote, "I'm happy if you're happy, Mina"

After reading the response, Mina quickly hugged Chaeyoung.

"Dugun, Dugun, Dugun" that's the sound of Chaeyoung's rapid heartbeat.

"I'm so grateful to have a friend like you, Chaeng. You're the best!" Mina told in between the hug.

"If only Mina knew he was a bully" Chaeyoung thought.

Then Mina let go of Chaeyoung.

"Anyway, Chaeng, do you have a crush on anyone?" Mina questioned.

Chaeyoung gulped, the honest answer would be "yes, and it's you I have a crush on, Mina." However it could ruin their friendship, besides, Mina had a crush on someone else.

So he shook his head while giving Mina a fake smile.

"Well, Chaengie, if you have a crush on someone in the future, I have to be the frist person to know, okay?" Mina made Chaeyoung promise.

Chaeyoung could only nod.

Then a student got inside the classroom followed by another and that's Mina's cue to get back to her seat.

Lunch time came, Chaeyoung took his lunchbox, he glanced at Mina's direction and saw that Mina was talking with Dahyun.

"So, she really asked Dahyun about that guy's name, huh?" Chaeyoung thought.

Chaeyoung then went to the rooftop by himself. He waited for Mina, but she never came, so he ate his lunchbox by himself. It's weird how he always ate by himself before and never felt lonely, yet right now, he felt extremely lonely to be eating by himself.

{2nd break time}
Chaeyoung quickly grabbed his sketchbook and went to the rooftop.
He started sketching Mina. He felt like such a fool, just for awhile he had a friend, but he could feel that he would lose her pretty soon.

Then he felt someone closing his eyes.

"Chaeyoungie..." Mina called him, while giggling then moved to sit next to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung quickly closed his sketchbook, while blushing.

"Chaeng, I talked to Dahyun today. His name is Mark. He's a 2nd year student. He's also a part of the basketball team" Mina told Chaeyoung.

"Here we go again" Chaeyoung thought in his heart.

"Do you think he'll notice me, if I try out for cheerleading?" Mina asked while giggling.

"Anyway I have decided, whether he'll notice me, or not, I'm going to try out for cheerleading next week. You have to be there, okay? Promise me you'll be there" Mina made Chaeyoung promise.

'I don't like crowded places, Mina' Chaeyoung wrote.

"Please, Please, Please" Mina pleaded, showing Chaeyoung her puppy eyes.

Chaeyoung heaved a sigh.

'Fine' he wrote.

"Yeay, I love you, Chaengie" Mina hugged Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung stiffened at the hug. How he wished Mina meant it romantically, but of course it was platonic.