Zwölf (12)

The next day, when the bell that indicated it was lunchtime rang. Mark quickly ran from his class to Mina's class. Chaeyoung and Mina were about to leave together to the rooftop, when Mark showed up at their class's door. Chaeyoung quickly stepped back and hid at the back of the class.

"Hey, Mina. I was wondering, if you would like to eat together with us?" Mark shyly offered.

"It's okay, if you don't want to" Mark quickly added.

Mina's classmates began whispering to each other.

'Whoah, Mark oppa is fetching Mina'

'Are they dating?'

'Mark oppa is so handsome'

Mina, who was in cloud nine because her crush offered to eat together with her, quickly nodded. Mark offered his hand and Mina took it. They went to the cafeteria hand in hand. Chaeyoung was long forgotten.

As Chaeyoung didn't hear Mark's voice anymore, he quickly took a peek and sure enough Mark and Mina had left. He heaved a sigh, then went to the rooftop alone, cluthing his luchbox in his hands.

Many days had passed, and it seemed that Mina had completely forgotten Chaeyoung. Lately, Chaeyoung always spent time alone. Chaeyoung missed Mina a lot, but didn't want to bother her. She grew more and more famous everyday, because she's part of the cheers squad now and she's also dating Mark. He still remembered, how his heart broke into a million pieces, when he heard of the news. He remembered crying his eyes out, but there's nothing he could do about it. To ease his heart, when he missed Mina, he would sketch Mina on his sketchbook.

Today was no extraordinary day. Everything went by as it usually would. After dismissal, he walked to the bus stop and caught a bus to go home.

Meanwhile, in the hospital Sana was working in. A victim of hit-and-run was brought to the hospital by an ambulance. The EMT team quickly treated the patient.

One of the nurses then tried dialing one of the numbers on the victim's phone.

The telephone at Chaeyoung's place started ringing. Chaeyoung, who was asleep at the time, was woken up, but he didn't pick up the phone, because he knew he wouldn't be able to say anything anyway. However, the phone kept on ringing. It's weird, why didn't his mother pick up the phone? He glanced at the clock on the wall, it's 3:15 AM. Was his mother that tired, that she didn't hear the phone ringing? So, he got out of bed and went to his mother's room. To his astonishment, his mother wasn't there. He checked the bathroom, it was empty. Where was his mother?

Receiving no response, the nurse checked other number and saw Sana's number. She quickly headed to Sana's office.

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, was hysteric. His mommy wasn't home. He tried searching for notes from his mother, but there wasn't any.

"Okay, Chaeyoung, try to think positive." He told himself.

"Mommy probably works overtime. She'll be home soon" He thought.

However, he couldn't shake the worried feeling, but what was he supposed to do at this point? He tried to calm himself down first, before thinking of a solution.

The Nurse knocked and entered Sana's office.

"Doctor Minatozaki, do you happen to know someone by the name of Park Jihyo?" The nurse asked.

"She was my neighbor, why?" Sana nonchallantly answered.

"She was involved in a hit-and-run accident and was brought here" the nurse explained.

"WHAT?" Sana shouted, shocked.

"Where's her ward?" Sana asked.

She quickly followed the nurse to find her friend.