Revali x Reader (Chapter Six)

The moment you entered the Rito village you were feeling quite tense. You had chosen to make the journey here alone. Revali would have flown you himself but you were insistent you'd just meet him the following day. You still had to gather your belongings from the cabin and the extra day would help with the nerves. He was hesitant at first but soon agreed trusting this time that you wouldn't run away.

You slowly found your way to the village inn and it appeared they were expecting you. Revali must have sent word. You were shown to a cozy bed and noticed new clothes laid out on it. There was a small note from Revali stating to meet him by the landing before sunset. You held up the new gear and smirked since it was black to match the theme of your old uniform.

With a puff of smoke you were instantly wearing the new rito-wear. It was quite tight and flattering to your figure. When you glanced up you realized how startled the onlooking inn-staff were from your little trick. You promptly exited the hut hoping they wouldn't think too much about it. This served as a reminder that you couldn't just use your magic in the open like that.

Despite looking like a regular hylian right now you sure felt you stood out like a sore thumb. You were still the same yiga on the inside. Not long ago you would've sent these people running and screaming.

You never felt so heavy with guilt as they were sickeningly kind to you. It felt wrong in every way because you didn't deserve it. Somehow despite all your sins, the universe chose for you to cross paths with the champion. Ever since, your life had been completely flipped around.

At first you were quite cautious of the people and your surroundings. Out of habit your eyes naturally searched for escape routes. You didn't even have your sword or mask with you. They were buried in the snow by your cabin if you were to ever need them. It made you feel naked but some sort of precaution had to be taken for the people's sake.

Reminding yourself to try and relax you wandered further around enjoying the strange architecture.

It was certainly peaceful and wide open which brought you odd comfort. Most areas had a way of making you feel trapped from how close-together everything was. The open space was certainly nice and most of the huts weren't even on the same level allowing privacy.

You glanced up to the sky only to gulp at the sight of Vah Medoh. It made you slightly nervous yet strange inside remembering the enemy was now on your side. You even smiled a bit thinking of the champion. Who would've thought he could make such an impact on a hylian's life. He even made your heart feel strange things you hadn't been capable of before.

Later after making a small meal by one of the open fires you noticed the sun was close to set. Many of the people were now in their huts while a few guards wandered about. You quietly made your way for the landing mentioned in the note. It took you a minute to find it until you spotted the sign 'Revali's Landing' and noticed the giant open space. You wondered how you missed such an obvious thing then sauntered onto the platform.

The sky was starting to light up with the last of the warm colours as the shadows loomed in. As if on cue a huge gust of wind came and you were no longer alone as the proud Rito landed behind you. "Glad to see you actually came" he smirked looking down at you. "Liking the place?" He asked fondly. "It's not as bad as I expected" you admitted. He was pleased with your answer. He knew the village never failed at a good impression.

He seemed to notice something about you as he came a lot closer. "My, my are we without a weapon?" He asked impressed that you weren't armed to the teeth . "That must mean you feel safe here" he emphasized placing his feathered hand under his chin. "Is it perhaps that you trust me as I trust you?" He pestered smugly making you blush and look away.

"The clothes are quite suiting too if I might add, you look good in Rito armour"  he continued charmingly. "It was a nice gift, thank you" you nodded trying to hide your reaction to the compliment. He watched the blush rise knowingly. You had been trained to mask every emotion yet he had a way of easily pulling it all out into the open.

"Oh it wasn't for free" he slyly replied catching your attention with whatever scheme he had planned."What's the cost?" You eyed him skeptically. He smirked mischievously. "You must have dinner with me" he stated casually. You scoffed. "I already had my dinner thanks" you crossed your arms. His eyes darted to you. "Fine then, tea it is" he started walking away from you ending the conversation.

His stubbornness was annoying yet had a way of drawing you in. Once reaching the corner he turned to face you. "Coming? It would be rude to leave a champion waiting" You glared at him and followed. He made sure you were next to him before continuing up the stairs to a small open hut.

Inside was a small pot and the shelves were littered with books and recipes. He started a fire below the pot and found a small kettle. The ingredients were in a small tin on the shelf as he added water in with them inside the tea pot. He gestured for you to sit down and with a glance of skepticism you obeyed his confusing demands.

He seemed quite serious as he made the tea and you watched quietly. You couldn't help but wonder if you truly were developing feelings for this rito man. He certainly joked about it a lot but you couldn't tell if it was serious or you were being toyed with.

"In the last year has the clan confronted you in any way?" He suddenly asked. You were surprised to admit they couldn't find you. "I know they'll still be looking though" you furrowed your brows drifting off in thought. "Well, as long as you're around me they should stay away." He stated without turning.

A small smile crept your face since he was certainly right. "None would dare go near a champion if they could avoid it.." you admitted remembering just how afraid you were too. "Even now I'm still slightly afraid of you" you admitted exposing yourself a bit.

He turned his head to you smirking at this. "Are you now?" He teased. "Should've known better than to be open with you" you smirked away shaking your head. After pouring the tea into two cups he walked over choosing to sit closely next to you. Even while sitting he still towered over you in height.

He placed a warm cup in your small hands before trying his own. You were skeptical of it at first but had a sip. He watched your reaction. "Never had tea before?" He looked at you.

You frowned. "Do yiga strike you as the sit down for tea type?" He only chuckled. "Well, there's the whole thing about bananas..." he commented making a solid point. You looked away in embarrassment. "I'm sad to say we don't have any kicking around for you" he half joked nudging your shoulder with his a bit. "Guess I won't be staying long then" you sighed sarcastically. "Well in that case I'll be on the hunt for those tomorrow" he smirked and you looked at him unsure if he was kidding or not.

"In fact I'll plant you a banana tree myself if that's what it takes to keep you around" he stated wanting to see you smile. You laughed and looked away shying from his gaze. "I must admit I enjoy your company, that's a compliment since I rather don't enjoy the company of most" he snickered aware of his own difficult personality.

You leaned into his shoulder flirtatiously. "I made quite the impression did I?" You only teased but he nodded seriously looking down. "You did."

The rest of the night was a bit quiet after that comment. You both stayed to your own thoughts while keeping company. It was strange to say the least. He was incredibly hard to read. You knew he was fond of you but couldn't tell if that went beyond the friendly way or not.

~~