Revali x Reader (Chapter Eight)

"I liked to think you were deceased.." you admitted harshly.

You didn't even give him the satisfaction of looking his way. You kept your place.

"Whatever he told you was a lie" the voice uttered.

"That Champion..." he started. "Didn't have it in him to take a life. I'm sure that's why you're still around too" he mocked sharply.

Zoku..

It infuriated him that you wouldn't even turn towards him.

"It seems that Rito really respects you...perhaps more than that" his tone traced with jealousy.

You should have been wiser than to step foot in Hyrule field. The whole area was riddled with Yiga. Many moons had passed since you crossed paths with one though.

"Tell me this is just some clever ploy to win his trust" Zoku straightened while watching you strangely.

You wanted to laugh at how he thought you were still one of them.

"You went through great lengths to betray us, nothing that can't be excused if it's part of a larger scheme.."

"A lot of your people were killed because of me" you reminded him to use his brain.

"Our people" he corrected. "And those are just necessary sacrifices" he smirked.

That comment made your blood boil. It's exactly how the clan lost your loyalty. A collective so wicked that they didn't value their own kind. All those deaths were just a minor inconvenience.

"I owe nothing to the clan and... especially not you" you clarified.

You heard his footsteps quickly approach as he yanked you to your feet to face him.

"Have you forgotten your place? You're mislead if you think you can be free. No Yiga is ever free" he seethed.

You were taken aback by his new appearance. A deep scar traced from his jaw down his neck.

His force pulled you dangerously close. You flinched internally. Somehow he still intimidated you. You could also sense his attraction still lingered.

"I suspect a part of you really craves freedom, but I know you better than that Rito thinks he does.

You belong to us.

His attention then traced down to your fresh wound. He paused.

"The years I spent mending these..I can tell the cuts of the master sword from any other. None quite like it..

The wound is one thing, but the magic.. that's a whole other agony isn't it? No matter how well you masked the pain he knew what you were experiencing as the minutes passed.

Allow that burning to remind you who you are. It grows and scorches those belonging to darkness."

He leaned in close to your ear. "That's you"

~

"Your covered in that knight's scars and today you bare yet another! Why? Because fate decides it. You and that Hylian were made to oppose. By eliminating him the Princess is left weak enough for the clan to make the final move.

Only one so clever as you could get this close. He smirked. Closer than anyone has ever gotten. Now don't let this opportunity slip through our fingers.. the way you slipped through mine..

You could feel his grip on you tighten as he delayed confessing his desire. His anger got the best of him as he all of a sudden ripped the scarf from your arm.

Zoku examined it aware of whomst it belonged. The symbol of Vah Medoh being tied to you like some mark of hope disgusted him. The close relationship you developed with the Rito Champion filled him with all kinds of jealousy.

He had to stop and regain his focus. He was here for the mission. There was a small silence.
...
"If you don't use this to the clan's advantage..there's something out there which will make you regret it." He warned seriously.

Your brow furrowed with confusion as to what he meant.

He left abruptly taking the scarf with him.

The pulsing sensation returning in your arm called you back to reality. Acting fast you tore off a piece of your clothes to replace what had been stollen. You used your teeth to tighten it and cut off the circulation.

You had no intentions of letting Zoku get to you. You tried to convince yourself that he was beyond relevant in your life.

Eventually Revali returned to you. You hardly noticed him there though as Zoku's words echoed through your mind.

"Why don't you do what your designed for. We'll be waiting."

~