Revali x Reader (Chapter Ten)

You awoke by nightfall warily noticing you were back in Rito village.

Cold rain was pouring down as a thunder storm over took the area.

No one was nearby yet you saw a shadow shift from the corner of your eye.

Your heart started to race. The dark spirit was standing there. Watching. He somehow tracked you.

You jumped when you felt a hand on your shoulder. A rito healer smiled your way comfortingly. "Glad you're awake at last"

You looked at her with confusion and fear. "I'll let him know you're awake" she smiled.

You latched onto her feathered arm. "No!" You shrieked startling her. She noticed the fear in your eyes and wondered what could possibly be wrong.

You glanced for the corner to see the shadow was gone. The healer followed your gaze towards the corner wondering what it was you saw.

"He's gone.." you whispered.

Clearly you weren't in a good state she noticed. "Revali wanted me to notify him when you awoke" she mentioned on the way for the door.

She herself almost jumped.

"No need" came Revali's voice. He had already shown up quick as the wind.

Your ears perked up at the sound of his voice.

The healer pulled him off to the side so she could have a word.

You couldn't help but glance to all the dark corners of your room. You felt he was still near.

As they spoke they watched you.

"She's been having nightmares since you brought her to me"

During your recovery you slept for two full days.

Revali frowned remembering you were quite afraid of something in the forest before. You called it a "he."

Revali watched on quietly with concern. "I understand." He nodded.

The healer took leave to give you two some privacy.

When he came into your line of sight you tiredly smiled his way. You tried to sit up but you were a bit weak.

His hand stopped you from trying again.

"Let's not over exhert ourselves" he smirked.

Despite his smirk there was still an underlying worry in his eyes as he studied you.

He sighed and wrapped his wings around you. You could tell he missed you.

"It was pretty bad then huh" you put together.

He nodded looking away a bit. "I admit you had me scared"

"I carved something for you" he mentioned placing a small wooden object in your hand. You inspected the item and smiled. It was an ornamental flower.

"I love it" you admitted.

He left after a while when the healer returned suggesting you needed more rest. She had a meal awaiting you too.