𝐯𝐢.

The school day flew by once more. To most that day, the Cullens seemed more lively. They appeared much more talkative and paid more attention in their classes.

"We should go shopping this weekend." Alice Cullen suggested. Hazel was with the Cullens once more in the parking lot. "Maybe this Saturday?"

"It would have to be," Rosalie commented, examining her pointed nails. "There's going to be a storm on Sunday and we have plans."

"Oh yeah. I forgot," Alice smiled. "Okay then! Saturday, Hazel, we're all going shopping. And then, we can go watch a movie." Alice's smile was infectious. "Great!"

"Um, I've been meaning to ask," Hazel looked at the cars, "Did Edward go home after lunch?" His car wasn't parked where it had been this morning and he seemed to just disappear.

"He texted me." Emmett held up the device. "Told me he took his car and went home. Our dad's a doctor, so no need to worry." Hazel nodded.

"Come on, Hazel! We have to get going to your house!" Alice grabbed the girl's arm. "Do you walk?"

"No. Unless you want to walk for twenty minutes?" Alice shook her head and didn't hesitate to pull the girl in Jasper's Jeep once again.

Alice kicked Emmett back to Rosalie's car before climbing into the vehicle. This time she was in the back since she'd pushed Hazel into the front seat. Hazel kept a good distance between her and the boy who looked as awkward as she felt.

"Hush, little Marco," Alice cooed. She took the baby from Hazel and cradled him in her arms. "Hush." Hazel noticed the small smile on Jasper's face.

"You know," Hazel began, turning back to Alice, "this entire thing is a little weird. I mean, I know it's for school and it's going to help us later in life, but... Yeah."

"Just two girls... looking after a robotic baby," Alice smiled at Hazel. "What part of that is weird?" Hazel just shook her head and turned back.

The short drive was the same. Alice and Hazel were engaged in a conversation while Jasper silently drove. Hazel felt sad that he didn't speak, but the feeling seemed to disappear as soon as it came.

"Thanks for the ride, Jas!" Alice grinned when they pulled up.

Hazel gazed at the boy's tense frame as she shouldered her bag. "Thank you, Jasper," she smiled.

Hazel joined Alice on the path and the pair waved as Jasper drove off. She then led the brunette inside, praying the house wasn't a mess.

Alice gazed in wonder at the interior. She felt like she'd just stepped into the perfect combination of city and country living. Or, at least, that's what she thought.

The entire place was very open. As soon as the pair walked in, Alice could see the kitchen, dining area and living room from the front door. She walked in further and immediately noticed the laundry and pantry. And then her golden eyes landed on the spiral staircase in the corner.

"Mum did all the plans for the house," Hazel explained when she noticed Alice staring. "She told me she wanted it to be like our home away from home."

"It certainly has that 'city-living' feel to it," Alice laughed. "Are we going to your bedroom or are we doing it out here?"

"We can go to my bedroom," Hazel shrugged and beckoned the girl to follow.

The pair walked up the spiral stairs, something Hazel noticed Alice enjoyed a lot. They headed into Hazel's room and Alice gawked.

Hazel's roof was covered in fairy lights. Alice's golden eyes trailed to the chestnut bookcase that was almost overflowing with books. Beside that were metal-framed shelves. In that were many plants, a lot of other objects and a tank with Hazel's lizard in it.

"My lizard's name is Barry." Hazel chuckled. "Do you like the room?" She inquired and sat in her double bed.

"Your room is so cool!" Alice awed. She sat down beside Hazel. "I love it!"

Hazel looked away with an embarrassed smile and spoke up, "you'll love it even more in a second." She grabbed a remote from her bedside table and pressed on of the buttons.

"Wow," Alice gazed up. Hazel had turned the fairy lights on to a pastel blue. "Are there any other colors?"

Hazel nodded and pressed another button. The lights began to shift colors. They began at a dark red then faded to a pale pink. Then they switched to a pale orange before darkening and then turned to a vibrant yellow.

"It's one of my favorite settings. It's the rainbow gradient setting," Hazel told her.

Hazel laid down on the bed and rested her hands behind her head. Her eyes left the lights and examined Alice's perfect, pale face. The girl was in awe. Her golden eyes were wide and sparkled with wonder. Her mouth was also slightly open. Even Marco seemed in awe, only gurgling in Alice's arms.

"It's beautiful," Alice sighed.

Hazel hummed in response. Her eyes darted back to the lights. It really was.