𝐱𝐢𝐢.

Hazel left the school with Minnie that afternoon. Minnie had volunteered to be Hazel's designated driver to the Reserve.

"Do you know what got him so mad yesterday?" Minnie began to ask questions to pry. "Was it something you did? Or was it something someone else did that made him lash out."

"He doesn't like the fact that the Cullens are my friends now," Hazel sighed. "He hated them for some reason. It's like they're enemies or something, I don't get it."

"It's probably one of those hormonal boy things he's going through," Minnie shrugged. She glanced at Hazel. "Or maybe Christian's jealous."

"The only time Christian gets jealous is when he doesn't get enough attention. Or when I get the larger slice of cake at events." Hazel chuckled and looked over to Minnie.

"What is it, Haze?" She asked, noticing Hazel's gaze.

"I was just thinking..." She let out a breath of air, "you've never been seen with a dude before. I mean, you've never been on a date with a dude before."

"Probably because all boys suck," Minnie groaned. "Girls are easier to understand for me." Hazel hummed.

"I completely understand you," Hazel looked out the window. "Girls can be easier to deal with. But they can be so stressful, too."

"Trust me, I know." Minnie laughed. "Have you met my mother?"

"Don't even get me started on your mother, Mins," Hazel cackled.

The two continued to joke and laugh as they drove to the reserve. They soon made it there in no time at all. Hazel quickly got out and turned back to Minnie, who still sat in the car. She told her friend to wait by or in the car as she went to see Billy.

"Hazel!" The older man cheered at the girl when he opened the door. "How are you?" He inquired.

"I'm good, Billy," Hazel replied, smiling at the old man. "Can you take me to see Christian? He's been missing a bit of school and I would like to talk to him. He's been upset lately."

Billy sighed and beckoned Hazel to follow him. She complied. Billy led the girl to Christian's house. It was one story, the roof was painted navy and the wood was painted cream. Hazel immediately headed to the red painted door.

"Christian!" Hazel pounded on the door of the boy's home. "I want to talk to you! Christian Xavier Smith, get your ass out here!"

"Go away, Hazel!" Christian yelled from inside. "Don't talk to me! Go crawling back to your Cullens!"

Billy Black sat beside the girl in his wheelchair. He watched as the girl screamed at the boy inside. He sighed and looked back to his son, Jacob.

"Christian, if you don't get out here, I'm going to kick this door in!" Hazel continued her assault on the wooden door. "Christ–"

"What?" Christian swung the door open and glared at his best friend. "I thought you had Cullens to hang out with, Hazel," Christian spat. "Billy, you should escort her out of here."

"No, Christian." Billy replied. Christian glared at the man, too. "You can't miss school just because you want to throw a tantrum. And no one wants to hear you throw that tantrum." Billy looked back to Jacob.

"Even the others agree, Christian." Jacob called as he made his way over. "They want you to go back to school, too. You wanted to go there, so go."

"Why the hell should I?" He growled. Hazel noted the way there was something almost animalistic about his anger.

"Christian, you need to calm down," Billy raised his hands, as if her was taming a wild beast. "We don't want anything bad to happen, do we?"

Hazel didn't miss the gesture Billy shot her way. Christian sighed and balled his hands in to fists. He didn't look at either of them as he spoke.

"It's not like there's anything there I don't have here." He grumbled.

"Your best friends are there," Hazel butt in. "Minnie's been worried sick, she's in the car, too, and Victor is seriously considering sending out the cops to find you, Chris."

"Victor never was very bright." Christian couldn't help but chuckle a little. It brought a smile to Hazel's face.

"You know we miss you, Chris." Hazel stepped toward the boy. "We want to make sure you're, y'know, okay."

"Of course I am, Hazel," Christian sighed.

"Then, come back, Christian," Hazel smiled, placing a hand on his arm. "It doesn't have to be now, but please come back soon. I need to there with me."

Christian hesitated and then nodded and pulled Hazel in for a hug. Billy and Jacob watched as the two made up.

"Thanks, guys," Hazel smiled at the two. "I really appreciate that."

"You're welcome, Hazel," Billy smiled. "Don't be a stranger, okay? Come back any time!" With a curt nod to Billy Black, Hazel watched the two go back to their home.

"Will do!" She called back with a wave. "Bye!"