𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢.

After the Victor incident, Hazel refused to speak to him. She had to move her seat in Chemistry, which had confused the boy as he did t know she knew. Each time he tried to talk to her, Emmett and Rosalie took the job of glaring daggers at him every time he got near. He eventually backed off.

And, now, Rosalie had begun to talk longer sentences to Hazel.

Hazel was grateful, but she also felt incredibly guilty. She hadn't given him any rhyme or reason as to why she'd begun avoiding him out of the blue. Of course, everyone told her not to worry about it, because he didn't need an explanation.

"Clear your mind, Hazel," Alice teased, waving her delicate hands in front of Hazel's eyes. The two girls and Jasper were driving to the grassy area where the Cullens liked to play baseball. "You have to be sharp in order to let us win!"

"Ahem," Jasper faked a cough, shooting a look Alice's way in the rearview mirror. "Bella's going to be there, too."

"Yeah, which is why we're going to win," Alice said matter-of-factly. "Did you forget Edward's on my team this time?"

Jasper silently cursed and turned his gaze to Hazel. "You'll be a fair umpire, right?" Hazel sighed at his question.

"Of course I'll be fair. If I wasn't, then you would think I have a favorite." Jasper smiled at her. "Who is totally Alice, by the way." His face fell.

Jasper soon parked the car beside another of the Cullens'. Everyone was already waiting for the last three to arrive. Alice placed a baseball cap on Hazel's mop of curly hair before giving her a peck and jumping out. Hazel followed the two vampires and they soon joined the others.

"Nice of you to finally turn up," Rosalie commented with her usual frown. Then she turned to Hazel with a less grumpy expression. "Hey, Hazel."

"Hi, Rosalie," Hazel replied with a short wave to the blonde as well as a kind smile.

"Good, good," Esme pulled the girl in for a hug as greeting. She grabbed Bella, too, and began walking the pair over near home base. "Glad you're here. We need umpires."

"She thinks we cheat," Emmett commented, shaking Hazel's cap.

"I know you cheat," Esme replied. She stopped the two and glanced at them both. "Call them as you see them, girls."

"Okay," they replied, grinning. Esme smiled and walked back to her spot.

Hazel looked out across the field that had been made. Rosalie was at the batter's base, swinging her bat. Esme and Bella were behind the blonde. Alice stood confidently at the pitcher's mound, readying her throwing arm. Edward was running out to the right to get in position, and Emmett was on the left. From what she could see, Emmett was throwing some punches in the air. Behind her stood Carlisle and Jasper, readying themselves with their bats. Jasper shot Hazel a cocky grin when she looked at him.

A bolt of lightning caught Hazel's attention.

"It's time," she heard Alice say. Rosalie nodded, now in batting position. Hazel chuckled at the vampires.

Hazel watched Alice carefully. There was a seriousness in her eyes that made the human shiver. She swung both arms encasing the ball behind her head, then brought them down to her waist. Her leg swung up at the same time, with a pointed toe. It reminded Hazel of a dancing ballerina. She smiled at the thought. Then, Alice put her leg back down, pulling her right arm back behind her head. Her left arm served as a sort of guide as the brunette expertly pitched the ball.

It flew through the air at such a speed Hazel almost missed it, only able to follow its blurred trail. She only realized it hit Rosalie's metal bat because of the unmistakable crack sound that was projected from it, which happened at the same time as the thunder rumbled.

"Okay, now I see why you need the thunder," Bella commented to Esme. Hazel nodded and watched in awe as Rosalie ran to each of the bases.

The ball flew into the woods, where, Hazel could see from the corner of her eye, Edward chased it.

"That's gotta be a home run, right?" Hazel glanced at Bella. Then she looked at Jasper, who just snickered at her shocked expression.

"It is, isn't it?" Hazel asked the honey blonde.

"Edward's very fast," Esme replied to the pale girl.

"Holy shit," Hazel whispered. Her green eyes flicked from Rosalie to where Edward had disappeared to.

"This is baseball with vamps, Hazel," Jasper cracked up. He draped his arm around Hazel's shoulder and watched his sister excitedly. "You might have to get used to it."

"I don't think I will," the girl gaped.

Jasper chuckled again and let the girl go. He smirked cockily at her and began to spin his metal bat around his arm. Hazel practically drooled at the scene.

Suddenly there was a whistling in the air. Hazel glanced to see the ball speeding right towards Esme. She glimpsed at Rosalie, who was nearly home, then concentrated back on the zooming baseball.

"Come home, Rosalie!" Carlisle cried out to his daughter, just as Esme caught the ball.

Rosalie fell and slid to the base hastily. Esme placed the ball down on the base, a confident grin on her face. It was pretty much at the exact same time, Hazel couldn't tell who was quicker. Rosalie scowled at Bella and Esme turned to her questioningly.

"You're out," Bella determined.

"Out!" Emmett shouted. He whooped and Rosalie glared daggers at him. "Babe, come on. It's just a game." He said.

Rosalie and Bella stood up together, Rosalie's eyes not breaking contact with the girl, giving her a dangerous look. Bella averted her eyes as Rosalie shoved past.

"Nice kitty," Carlisle murmured to the girl.

"You'll get 'em next time, Rosalie!" Hazel cheered as the blonde walked over. She softened her expression, but only slightly so no one would notice.

"My turn," Carlisle grinned, stepping up to the plate.