𝐱𝐱.

"Victor wouldn't do that!" Hazel shouted as she paced the room. "I–I've known him for years! And, yeah, sure he can be a little bit weird sometimes, but that's just Victor."

"Edward knew what he was thinking," Alice cried in response. "I saw what he wanted to do to you!" Hazel shook her head in denial as Alice attempted to convince the girl. "He's not okay, Hazel."

"It's just so hard to wrap my around," Hazel stressed. "I mean, how the hell do I know you're not lying?" Hazel sat down on one of the wooden chairs in Alice's room. She bounced her leg up and down in stress.

"I know the future isn't always exactly certain, Hazel," Alice whimpered, "but that's only when they change decisions. That was his decision. And, you know I would never lie to you. Hazel, he wanted to–"

"Alice. Stop." The pair turned to see a very calm Carlisle in the doorway. "What Hazel need is to calm down, okay? Put yourself in her shoes."

Alice nodded with a sigh. "You're right," she said. "I'm sorry." Alice glanced at Hazel before she stood up. "I'll just go get you some water." Then she left, leaving Carlisle and Hazel alone.

"I'm sorry about that, Hazel," Carlisle spoke calmly, and chose to sit down across from the girl in distress. "Alice feels very protective of you, so she might make things worse. And I know you must feel distraught by what you were told. I could understand if you might not be able to come to term with it right–"

"I have to confront him," Hazel cut off the blonde man. She started at the wall with a look of determination. "I need him to tell me the truth. I need honest answers from him. I need to the truth about if he is really that– that twisted." Carlisle merely stared at the rambling girl.

"Are you sure that it's a good idea?" He inquired. "He will deny it. He'll say you're making things up, Hazel. He won't know how you know." Hazel looked at the man.

She sighed and placed her head in her hands. "You're right, Carlisle. He'll just think I'm completely insane. But– but he wanted to– to do that to me! I– I–" the girl broke down. Her chest shook as she let out one sob after the other. She couldn't hold back her tears anymore.

"Hazel, everything will be fine. I assure you," Carlisle moved to the spot beside the girl and tenderly rubbed her back. "He didn't do it to you. You and the others can make sure he never ever does that to anyone ever again. And Jasper and Alice will keep a close eye on you, too."

Hazel only cried. She could not fathom what news she'd been given. Victor was so obsessed with her, and she hadn't even suspected a thing. It seemed like the worst news the girl had ever received. Victor had been Hazel Moone's friend since day one. The pair had played in Victor's yard as Hazel's family's furniture was hauled inside, with the help of Mr. Barton. It was world-splitting news to Hazel.

"Here," Alice slowly placed the tall glass of water beside her mate. "Jasper has gone out hunting to take his mind off of the entire thing," Alice informed. Carlisle quietly thanked his adopted daughter before turning back to comfort Hazel.

"When Jasper comes back, I'll see if I can bring him here," Carlisle murmured softly to Hazel. She nodded, grateful towards the doctor.

"Thank you," she whispered. The blonde man gave her a nod and stood up. "I'm really sorry."

"It's all alright, Hazel," Carlisle said. He smiled kindly at the human smiled. "It is not your fault. Not at all."

Carlisle left Alice's room, and then Hazel was alone. She stopped her sobbing and whimpering after a little while of just sitting there. She just watched her tears as they fell from her face as she stared down at the floor. She didn't feel frightened anymore, nor did she feel sad. All she felt always anger. Pure, unfiltered anger towards the boy she thought was a friend of hers. She also felt betrayed and disgusted by him.

"Hazel?" Jasper knocked on Alice's door frame.

He gazed at the girl. Her short, curly hair only covered a small part of her angered expression. He felt his own anger build up inside him.

Hazel didn't reply. Jasper wandered into the room and kneeled before her. She looked into his butterscotch eyes with her own brown ones.

"I should kill him," Jasper growled, noticing the dried tears on her soft face. Hazel only stared at the boy with a blank expression. Jasper look softened and he cupped the girl's cheeks. "I'm sorry," he sighed.

"Don't be." Hazel averted her gaze. "I should have picked up on his behavior sooner. I knew there was something off about him, but I kept refusing to admit it. I was stupid." Hazel sighed too.

"Neither of you should feel responsible for anything," Alice told them. They turned to look at her she walked into the room, too. "If anyone should apologize to anyone, it should be Victor apologizing to you–" Alice poked Hazel's chest gently "–for thinking such vile–"

Alice took a surprised step back as Hazel launched herself from her seat at the vampire. Alice's eyes widened as she suddenly grew aware of the warmth that was spreading over her lips. Hazel's brown eyes were closed and her arms were wrapped around Alice's neck.

Alice looked at Jasper. The honey blonde appeared just as shocked as Alice.

"Thank you," Hazel breathed once she and Alice broke apart and the human sucked in a deep breath, "for literally everything." Alice wrapped her arms around Hazel's waist with a large grin on her face.

"You're welcome," the vampire replied and pressed another kiss to Hazel's lips.