𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢.𝐯.

"My turn," Carlisle grinned, stepping up to the plate.

Hazel clapped for the blonde doctor. Esme smiled at her mate as he lifted up his bat as if prepping where he would hit it. He took his batting stance.

Alice threw the ball using her same form as last time - which Hazel absolutely was in awe of, but wouldn't admit. Carlisle hit it, dropped his bat and immediately took off. In the distance, Hazel watched as both Emmett and Edward ran for the ball. They jumped into the air at the same time and collided, both missing the ball. They hit the ground as Carlisle hit home base.

"Wish me good luck," Jasper winked at Hazel, his southern accent shining through.

"I know you won't need it," Hazel replied, giving him a peck on his cold cheek.

He stood up on the plate. He swung the bat in his hand several more times to impress the two as well as to show off. Jasper took his stance, gazing intensely at Alice. She pitched to him, showing no sign of emotion on her face.

This game seems like it just became really serious, Hazel thought.

Jasper, obviously, hit the ball. He watched it fly for a moment before dropping the bat and sprinting. Well, human sprinting, anyway.

As he ran around the field, Emmett climbed a tree. He propelled himself off it and caught the ball mid-air. He landed on the ground and threw it back to home base.

"My monkey man," Rosalie commented with a sly grin. Hazel let out a breathy laugh as Jasper ran back to base.

"Guess you did need it, after all," Hazel snickered. Jasper playfully glared at her.

"Guess you could make up for it," Jasper replied with a shrug. Hazel rolled her eyes and pulled the blonde boy down for a kiss

"Let me watch the game," Hazel commanded, grinning at him.

Hazel turned back in time to see Rosalie hit the next ball. The wind it produced caused Esme's hair to fly in her face. Rosalie began to run and Hazel watched her go.

"Stop!" The abrupt exclamation from Alice grabbed everyone's attention.

The vampires and the humans then looked to the woods. Bella and Hazel shared a confused look as Jasper and Esme pushed them backward. The rest of the Cullens came back to the group.

"They were leaving. Then they heard us." Alice panted. She took a hold of Hazel put her jacket over the girl. "Take my hat." She switched their hats.

"Alice, what the hell?" Hazel asked, fear laced in her words.

"Let's go," Edward said to Hazel and Bella, beginning to walk away.

"It's too late," Carlisle told him.

"Get your hair down," Edward ordered Bella. "Cover your neck with the jacket." He turned to Hazel.

"Like that'll help. I can smell them from across the field." Rosalie grumbled.

Alice gave Hazel's hand a quick squeeze before walking with Carlisle. Hazel's attention turned from the brunette.to the three vampires emerging from the fog of the wood.

"Just be quiet and stand behind me," Edward ordered the two girls. They did as they were told, and Hazel continued to watch the action.

The three vampires - as Hazel assumed they were from the commotion - continued closer to the family.

The middle one was a dark-skinned, dark-haired male. His locks were in dreads and his gaze pierced the area, even from his distance. His chest was exposed because of his unbuttoned shirt and jacket. And his legs were covered with a pair of dark blue jeans. This man, which Hazel figured was the leader of the trio, held the baseball in his hands