𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

The very next day Hazel was over the moon with excitement. One of the Cullens' cars would be around by 10 to pick up the girl. They would all be meeting on the main street of Port Angeles.

Hazel barely ate breakfast that morning. She'd just scoffed down a slice of jam toast before she had to run. With a quick kiss on her brother Anthony's head, she sped out the door.

"Hey, Hazelnut," Emmett grinned when the girl climbed into the back of an all too familiar Jeep.

"Hey, Emmett, Jasper." She huffed with a nod at the blonde driver.

Emmett high-fived the girl with his cold hand and then pulled her into what she called a bro-hug. Jasper patiently waited until the girl clipped herself in before driving off.

"Are you ready to watch one of the scariest movies you'll ever see?" Emmett cackled, waving his fingers in her face.

"It's just a special screening of a movie older than the pair of us, Emmett." Jasper flicked his golden eyes to the rearview mirror.

"You still haven't told me what the movie is," Hazel pouted. "And I swear to God if you tell me it's a surprise, I'm going to kick you." Hazel threatened.

"No need to get violent there, Hazelnut," Emmett chuckled. "It's the original IT movie. They've got it on for today only, so we thought it was a good idea."

Hazel frowned. Her and horror movies weren't a good mix. She would much prefer a horrible action movie any day. However, to not dampen the mood, she put on a fake smile and displayed faux enthusiasm. She'd just have to find an excuse to leave later.

"Um," she searched for something to say, "is- is Edward back in town, yet?"

Emmett frowned. "He got back just last night. Why?"

"Just curious is all," Hazel shrugged. Emmett shrugged, too, and just turned back to the front.

"Oh, man! Jas, can you turn this up! It's a great song!"

Jasper complied with his brother's request. His long fingers delicately turned up the radio and looked back. He almost stared at Hazel as she silently laughed at the brunette. Her brown eyes were closed, her head tilted back and her curls shook with each silent laugh.

"Ah! Hazel!" Alice ran up to the girl and pulled her over to a rack of dresses. "You can't tell me this one wouldn't look good on you." Hazel shrugged as Alice pulled out a dress and held it up against her body.

"I don't know, Alice," she frowned. She found the tag and stared at the price. "Definitely not." She pushed back the dress.

Alice frowned and looked at the price tag herself.

"Hey!" Rosalie's voice cut through the store chatter. The Cullens and Hazel all turned to her. "It's time for the movie. Let's bounce."

Alice groaned. She put the dress back on the rack and followed the others out.

Hazel hurriedly followed Rosalie so Alice wouldn't drag her around anymore. Her wrist was seriously beginning to hurt. Rosalie ignored the curly-haired girl and sped up. Emmett was the only one able to match her speed.

"You don't want to see the movie, do you?" Hazel gasped as the lean blonde came up from behind her. "I saw your frown in the car when Emmett mentioned it."

"It's fine," Hazel lied. "I'll watch it. I'm fine with watching it."

Jasper looked back at Alice, unsure. She only gestured for him to continue.

"We can go to that bookstore if you want," he was grasping at straws here. "No one's forcing you-"

"It's all good, Jasper!" Hazel huffed.

The pair knew it wasn't.

Jasper could feel the anxiety Hazel felt. He felt it slowly increasing. He felt it like she did, the trembling limbs, the heavy chest, the lump in his throat. He could tell all she wanted to do was wait outside the theatre for the others. He tried to block it, but he was too close.

"Hey," Alice skipped up to the pair. She cut between the pair and also cut through their dazed. "You all good?"

Hazel nodded. "All good," she smiled.

Alice intertwined her pinky with Hazel's. It was an action that made the girl gasp at the cold contact.

"Great!" Alice smiled. "Now come on, or Rosalie's going to be annoyed if we're late." Without a second more, Alice grabbed Jasper and pulled the two along to the theatre.