last sign.

You genuinely want them to be happy and don't mind helping them obtain it.

-

Today was the day that all the work done over a week of repacking sweets and arranging small bouquets would finally pay off. Today was Valentine's day.

More importantly, it was Jaehyun's birthday. It was your personal tradition to message him at midnight so you would be the first to greet him - and this year, you had almost lost track of time while you were at Joohyun's house for the last batches of orders and you had to be in school earlier than usual to set up the booth with them. Luckily, you're still the first to greet him and you were a little regretful you won't be able to eat seaweed soup for breakfast with him.

During the sleepover, you told them about what happened at prom and asked them to forget about her feelings for Jaehyun so she could move on. Joohyun wants to argue about it, but she backs off at the sight of your tired expression.

It's been a couple of days since prom and it was enough for you to rewire your head into pretending you never had feelings for Jaehyun - only after a night sobbing to your mom, who held you in her bed so Jaehyun wouldn't hear a single cry through the walls, and a lengthy journal entry that filled up your current word vomit journal that you needed to replace.

You and the other 'little cupids' - as Doyoung affectionately calls today's volunteers - have set up the table at the school lobby and are putting out the repackaged sweets onto the red velvet table cover just as the school doors open for the rest of the student body. You kneel down to grab a few more pouches from the box beneath and you hear Joohyun's voice above you.

"Happy Valentine's day, birthday boy or do you prefer, happy birthday, Mr. Valentine's?"

"Either, but thanks, and you too."

You throw the pouches in your clutch back into the box to stand up, almost hitting your head on the table at your speed.

Jaehyun cocks his head at you, "Happy Valentine's?"

"Fuck Valentine's!" You scoffed, probably emphasizing the cuss a little too harshly that even you had to wince at its' intense delivery. Throwing your arms up for a hug, you giddily bounce on your feet, "Happy birthday!"

He laughs at you, face breaking out to grin that brought out his dimples into full display as he accepts your hug; laughing a little harder when you shake him while he's in your hold.

When you let go of him, you pouted, "I can't believe I didn't get to eat seaweed soup for breakfast with you."

"Ah yes, we can eat the leftovers for dinner later or," Jaehyun swings his backpack from behind to his front and fish out a thermos from it, "Or you can have some now since mom packed it for you."

Snatching the canister from his hands, you narrow your eyes at him, "Your mom is the best, now I know where you get it from - just don't tell your dad, I owe him."

"What do you owe my dad?"

You hum, obnoxiously loud and long to tease him, "He agreed to pick up something for me later."

A knowing smile appears on Jaehyun's face, "What did you get me?"

"You'll have to wait until we get home to find out." You shrug, "Now, are you really gonna stay by the booth and wait for all these to be handed to you." You motion to one of smaller boxes behind the seats of the booth.

"All those?" Jaehyun looked a little mortified as he sizes the box up.

"You have a couple bouquets, too." Joohyun cuts in, waving her hand to the other table set up beside yours that handled the flowers. "How are you taking these home, Mr. Valentine's?"