Chapter 10

I was panicking as he dragged me up into his room. He shoved me in and I landed on the bed. He closed the door behind him and walked over to me, slowly as if he was trying not to hurt me.

"Brooke" He started to say slowly. He walked over to me and sat beside me, running his fingers through my hair.

I slapped his hand away with all of the strength I had off of my head before wiping away my tears. He looked so hurt.

"How could you just let that happen!" I screamed at him as loudly as I possibly could.

"He was a baby! and you just let your own father kill him like that?!"

Noah just continued staring at me.

"I was wrong about you. You are just as cruel and heartless as I thought you were." I said calmly as I stood up off of the bed. This made him shoot up from where he was sitting too.

"Monster." I said under my breath.

I didn't even try anything for I knew if I did, I would be in pain from everything he could possibly do to me. If he let Tom kill a little baby, what other things is this family capable of? I can't believe I actually started to trust him.

"What did you just say?" He asked me.

"I said you're a monster! cruel, sick bastard!" I screamed at him before running into the bathroom and slamming the door in his face.

I looked around the small room frantically for anything that could keep the door firmly shut. I searched through the cupboards as I heard him coming towards the bathroom door.

"I'm giving you 10 seconds to get out of there!" He shouted at me.

A shiver ran down my spine, I looked around the small little room again, walls, floors everything, before I spotted a little crack in the floor.

"9"

I peeked in and saw a key. My eyes lit up as a I reached my fingers into the crack in the floor and pulled it out.

"8"

I quickly got up and scurried over to the door. There was a keyhole right under the door handle and I stuck the key in, turning it. It clicked shut and I sighed in relief. I don't know how much this is going to keep me safe tho.

"7"

I slid down against the wooden door, wiping the hair out of my face.

"Did you just lock the door?" He screamed as he ran over to the door and started pounding his fists into it.

I buried my face in my hands, crying. I was so scared, everything that I thought could work out didn't. I can't believe that I actually trusted him that much.

I sobbed loudly into my knees as he continued pounding his fists into the door, when it suddenly stopped.

"Are you crying?" His voice was calm.

I got up and ran to the shower, sitting in the corner of it. I wanted to be as far away from him as I could possibly be.

"Answer me!" His anger had come back again.

I whimpered as the door flew open, his eyes full of rage soon replaced with big, loving and caring ones.

I wiped away my tears with my sleeve and looked up at him. He kneeled down beside me.

"Get away from me." I managed to choke out.

He sighed before getting up and walking out of the bathroom. I heard him shuffle with something before he came back in with that same, small, black case.

My eyes filled with fear as I stood up. He closed the door and fiddled with the case before he finally got it open. He grabbed a needle filled with clear liquid and started walking over to me.

"It won't hurt, you know how it feels." He told me calmly as he continued making his way towards me.

I ran towards the door but his large hand grabbed my arm and I felt that very same pinch in my arm.

Warm tears slid down my cheeks as my legs became weaker and I could barely keep my eyes open any longer. The last thing I saw was Noah putting the needle back into the case before everything went black.

————————————————————
Luke's POV:

I ran my hand through my hair as I parked my car in the driveway of my house.

I got out and walked into my living room, sitting down on the couch. I stared blankly at the tv which was playing the news. Brooke's face was all over it.

I turned it off and stared at the now blank tv. I wish I could say bye to her one last time, I miss her so much.

The last thing I remember was her leaving for work and never coming back again. She's been missing for months now.

We checked the camera footage of the day and everything, there was nothing. Chloe told me she had left through the alley way which I told her not to do because it was dangerous.

I wonder where she is right now. She's alive, and I know it. Everyone's telling me she's dead but I know for a fact that she isn't. I just know.

After I had rested for a bit I decided to go into town and hand out more flyers.

I got into my car and put the keys in. I drove out of the drive way and towards the city.

I parked in a supermarkets parking lot and got out of the car. I grabbed the flyers out of my bag and continued handing them out.

"Have you seen this girl?" I asked a woman walking by. She looked at the picture for a second and shook her head.

"Sorry, no." She walked away.

A few hours passed and it had gotten dark. I decided to ask one more person before I would go home and get some rest for tomorrow. I'm not giving up no matter what other people tell me.

I walked over to a man that was about to get into his van and tapped his shoulder. He turned around to look at me.

"Yes?" He asked me, very impatiently.

I shuffled through my papers and pulled one out with Brooke's face on it.

"Have you seen this girl?" I asked him.

He took a long look at the picture and looked
back up at me.

"No, what's her name." He asked me. He was the first person to actually care.

"Brooke, she went missing a couple months back."

He nodded his head and got into his van.

"Sorry man, haven't seen her." He started his van.

As he was pulling out, I saw him smirking through the window. There was something very weird about this man.

I shrugged it off and walked back to my car, getting in. I backed out of the parking lot and made my way home. As I was turning into my neighborhood, I looked out of the rear view mirror and my eyes widened in fear.

It was the same van.