Basics Part 2

I slowly opened my eyes. I was a little dizzy, but otherwise OK. I looked around and saw I was on a biobed. I tried to sit up, but I couldn't. I looked down and saw I was restrained.

"Did you really think I would fall for your ruse?"

My blood ran cold as the Admiral leaned over me, anger written on his face.

"It was a good try though, I have to admit. You had me fooled for a while- until I felt a pulse. I ordered your doctor to give me the antidote before I changed his programme- he answers to me, Seska and Culluh now."

"Where's the crew?" I asked.

"Alive. For now."

"I didn't ask how the crew is dummy. I asked where they are!" I sneered.

His face contorted in anger and he walked away. I tried to see where he went, but it was no use. He suddenly reappeared, medical instrument in hand- the same one that clown made me see. He switched it on and it began to make a buzzing sound.

"This instrument is...well it doesn't really have a name, so let's call it...the dematerialiser. Culluh developed it especially for you- it will lock onto a part of your body, and yank it out."

Sweat began to fall from my forehead as he placed the instrument against my abdomen.

"Let's start with the appendix- it's nonessential so you'll survive. But there's no guarantees I won't start messing with the essential things."

Without warning, he pressed the button on the instrument and it sent a white, hot pain shooting through my abdomen. I let out an agonising cry as I felt the organ be ripped from inside of me and taken out of my body. The pain was so excruciating I began to see double and it didn't take long for the darkness to overtake me.

----

"Marie, Marie. Can you hear me?"

I opened my eyes and saw the doc.

"Doc, am I glad to see you. I thought he changed your programme." I said.

"He did, but Suder changed it back."

I nodded, but it sent a wave of pain through my body. I hissed in pain.

"I'm going to give you some pain relief- after you were unconscious they continued to take small parts of the important organs. I stopped them before they could take a part of your lungs." He said as he injected me.

I sighed and asked "Where are they now?"

"In the briefing room- figuring out how else they can torture you."

"No doctor. You're wrong."

I popped my head up and saw Culluh standing at the foot of the bed.

"We already have a plan for you. There's a disease that has been ravaging some of the Kazon sects, and we need an effective treatment."

I didn't like where this was going one bit.

"So, we infect you with the virus and try to find a cure. But I must warn you, this disease will ravage your body, change you in irreversible ways."

"Why me though? You could've picked anyone! Why me?" I asked.

"Because your father sold you to us for this specific purpose."

"He's not my father! I'm Marie Picard."

"What?" he asked.

"I was abducted from Starfleet Medical when I was a newborn, and he raised me to believe I was his."