Worst Case Scenario

I was walking down the corridor towards the turbolift when Chakotay ran to my side and smiled.

"Where are you headed?" he asked.

"The bridge." I replied.

"Mind if I walk with you?"

"Not at all."

A few seconds of silence later, he asked another question.

"So, how's it going?"

"Not bad I guess." I replied.

"Tuvok still giving you a hard time?" he asked.

"No more than usual."

"I don't know about you, but when I think about spending seventy years on the same ship with that guy, it gives me a headache. I get the impression a lot of the crew agrees with me. Maquis and Starfleet." He said as we entered the turbolift.

The doors closed and Chakotay programmed our destination.

"So, what do you think?" he asked.

I turned to him and asked "About what?"

"About what I've been saying. That a lot of the crew aren't too happy with our Chief of Security. And for that matter, I don't think Captain Janeway's winning any popularity contests either. Don't you agree?"

"Why do I get the feeling you're testing me?"

He smiled and replied "Lets just say I'm interested in your opinion."

"Why?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

"You're a good officer. I like you. And I wouldn't want to see you get hurt."

"Computer, halt turbolift."

The turbolift stopped and I turned to face him.

"Look, what's this all about?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"There're going to be some changes around here. All of the Maquis are in line, and about twenty five of the Starfleet crew are with us." He explained.

"Are you saying there's going to be a mutiny?" I asked, not believing what I was hearing.

"And when the shooting starts, I'm going to need to know which side you're on."

----

My heart was hammering in my chest. I chose to stay on Chakotay's side for the mutiny and we were almost ready to execute our plan. The Captain and Tom had just left the ship and I had executed my part of the plan, locking all the off duty crew in their quarters. Not long after, 2 former Maquis security officers came in and one of them handed Chakotay a PADD.

"Wait here." He said.

"Is something wrong sir?" Tuvok asked.

"No, its just tomorrow's duty roster." Chakotay said quickly, covering his tracks.

"Sir, Captain Janeway's shuttle has gone to warp." Tuvok stated a few seconds later.

"Thank you Tuvok. Chakotay to all hands- lets do it."

Chaos reigned on the bridge. Chakotay subdued Tuvok while one of the security officers took out the helmsman and the other just missed Harry.

"Red alert! Security to the Bridge!" Harry ordered over the comm. system.

"You're wasting your time, Harry. All my teams have taken control of Security, Engineering, and all key systems." Chakotay said, a hint of smugness in his voice.