Chapter 7: The Great War's Victim

I don't own any of the fate series or it's characters, All rights go to TYPE-MOON, A-1 Pictures, Shaft, Netflix, and unfotable.

A Few Minutes Later After Chapter 6*

Gelda's POV*

I was informed through telepathy that Astolfo was aiding in the Homunculus boys escape.

I hurried off to see how it would turn out.

When I arrived I saw Astolfo fighting with Siegfried and Gordes going after the Homunculus boy whom he punched towards a tree.

I made my choice and ran over and knocked Gordes out with a slight tap on the back of his neck.

I walked over to the boy and asked "Are you injured?".

He weekly nodded and Astolfo came over as well to check on him with Siegfried following him close behind.

I soon turned and saw Jeanne D'Arc.

I couldn't hear what Siegfried was saying but I could see him pulling out his heart with his bare hands.

Jeanne D'Arc worriedly said "Please wait! You cannot!".

I saw Siegfried pull his neon red glowing heart out and he came over and infused it into the Homunculus boy who was resting.

Jeanne D'Arc said "He sacrificed himself...".

I stood up and was deeply amazed with the action Siegfried took for this boy.

Astolfo worriedly asked "But then, what about you?".

Siegfried said "One sacrifice saves another. That is a fair trade, is it not?".

Astolfo said "That can't be!".

Jeanne D'Arc asked "Why would you...".

Siegfried said "I didn't want to grant someone else's wish. I wanted to grant my own wish. I believe that is avid and pathetic, but I couldn't throw away such feelings. Just once is enough. I just wanted to pride myself on saving someone of my own will. Even if nobody begs me to do so. Even if someone wishes me to do so. I have been wishing to do so for all this time.".

This action Siegfried took has really touched my heart and I feel as though I must honor it somehow.

Siegfried turned to me and Jeanne D'Arc.

Siegfried asked "Ruler, Gelda, this is not something I wish to ask you both, but I want you to grant that boy his freedom.". 

Jeanne D'Arc said "That is...".

I stood tall and said "I'll do it, on the honor of your sacrifice, I will make sure he is granted his freedom no matter who stands in my way.".

Siegfried nodded at me and turned to Jeanne D'Arc and said "I beg you.".

Jeanne D'Arc said "I swear I'll do what I can.".

Siegfried nodded and turned to Astolfo and said "Rider, please apologize to my Master for me. That I was not worthy of being his Servant...".

Astolfo sadly said "That's not true! That's not true! Not true! So don't go! I said don't go!".

Siegfried said "I have no regrets. Thank you." as he faded away.

Jeanne D'Arc said "Farewell, Siegfried. I have never seen a hero as kind as you.".

I said "I'll never forget you Siegfried, as both a warrior, or as a man of great resolve. I will try to live with your resolve in mind.".

We all noticed the Homunculus boy having some trouble as he adapted to Siegfried's heart.

A bright light emanated from the boy and afterwards Astolfo asked "What's going on here?".