Chapter 14: The War Of Three Kings.

I don't own any of the fate series or it's characters, All rights go to TYPE-MOON, A-1 Pictures, Shaft, Netflix, and unfotable.

A Few Seconds After Chapter 13*

Gelda's POV*

After my long day of rest after my time with Artoria I got up and got dressed and headed out.

Later At Night*

I was laying down on a couch in the church the overseer stayed in and I was going through their stash of wine.

Kirei entered the room and looked at me and asked "Archer?".

I was sipping a bottle of wine when I then said "There are fewer bottles here than in Tokiomi's room, but of higher quality. Some apprentice he has.".

Kirei asked "What do you want?".

I said "Apparently, there were those, ...other than myself, with time on their hands.".

Kirei asked "Time on their hands?".

I said "Otherwise, a Master under Church protection... would hardly need wander about.".

Kirei asked "What are you talking about? Are you dissatisfied with your contract, Gelda?".

I said "Tokiomi invited me to this world, and he maintains my form here. And his greeting was worthy even of my Big Brother's station. I had to respond to that. But I never thought he'd be so boring a person...".

Kirei asked "So, you are unhappy with him as your Master?".

I asked "To reach the Vortex of the Root? It's a bit of a tedious plan but not without it's merits.".

Kirei said "The desire for the Root... is unique to mages. It's not for outsiders to comment upon. In a sense, the path to the Root... is the path to an escape from this world. For us who are only interested only in the world itself, ...it may well be a tedious plan.".

I said "Is that so... True, I have a curiosity for the universe that is my playground. I have great interest in realms that lie outside of my domain. This Root of yours may concern me when I care to concern myself with it.".

Kirei said "Perhaps, but the Grail is not a device specifically designed to seek the Root. When we say that it is omnipotent, ...we mean that it has limitless potential to alter even the material world.". 

I asked "So you're saying that the other Masters... have motives other than Tokiomi's for wanting the Grail?".

Kirei said "Tokiomi is an archetypal mage, and at the same time, ultra right wing. What the other Masters seek is success in the material world. Prestige. Desires. Power.".

I said "That suits a few people I know fine. My prestige is the title of Queen of Heroes. My power is my abilities you've seen already. And my desires are with the wish I want granted. But my question is what motivates you, Kirei?".