Chapter 6 - Ashton

While Harlow showered I placed my gym bag of clothes by the door for her. I made my way to the bed and noticed that there was actually another page full of things Harlow wanted to do. I sat and read through them and couldn't help but smile.

21. Play paintball...it looks fun
22. Celebrate my birthday
23. Adopt a dog
24. Go snorkelling
25. Go to a male strip club
26. Kiss a random stranger
27. Learn how to kiss
28. Go to the beach
29. Learn how to flirt
30. Go to a karaoke bar and sing
31. Watch an All Blacks game live
32. Meet someone famous
33. Get a piercing
34. Learn how to play an instrument
35. Celebrate Easter, Halloween, Christmas and New Years
35. Swim in the nude
36. Plant a vegetable garden
37. Buy a house
38. Fall in love
39. Lose my v-card
40. Have a family

Some of the things on Harlow's bucket list were hilarious and others made me curious about her. I knew she was young, twenty to be exact, but she can't really have gone this long without celebrating her birthday or any other holiday. Don't even get me started on the the whole flirting, kissing and virginity thing. I almost didn't believe them, but they're on her bucket list so it must be true. The sound of the door knob turning made me place the paper on the bed with the other one quickly and I pulled out my phone pretending to look busy. I kept my eyes focused on my phone trying to give Harlow some privacy and heard some shuffling before the door closed. When I looked up again and towards the bathroom door, I saw that Harlow had taken the bag. I sat back in my chair and texted mum to tell her that Harlow will be discharged soon and that we'll be home sooner than expected.

Harlow walked out of the bathroom at that moment and I couldn't help the laughter that escaped me. Harlow was literally drowning in my clothes. The gray Nike shirt that she was wearing hung off her shoulder where the neckline is and her petite frame made the shirt almost long enough to look like a dress. The shorts that she wore was no better. Harlow had to hold it up to stop it from falling. My clothing on her showed a huge contrast between the two of us. I was a foot taller than Harlow and quite bulky, where she was tiny in height and stature.

"Are you done?" She asked sarcastically with her arms crossed. The action caused her shorts to descend so she quickly pulled them up and it triggered another bout of laughter from me. Harlow huffed and made her way in front of me and tried to glare down at me, but there was laughter in her eyes.

"OK, now I'm done. Can you really blame me though? You're a Pygmy and you're practically drowning in my clothes ," I said, making her frown.

"I was going to say thanks for the clothes, but I'm not. When you're done laughing I'll be downstairs signing out of here," she said grabbing the pieces of paper from the bed and folding them angrily before looking around the room once again and picking up my bag as she made her way out the door.

I ran after her, "Hey, I'm sorry OK." I held up the bag with her medication in it and carefully made her turn around and face me. "I'm sorry Harlow. I got your medication. You look...nice," I said awkwardly maintaining eye contact.

She rolled her eyes at me, "You're forgiven, now let's get out of here."

******
When we arrived at Harlow's house a half hour later. I glanced towards Harlow and she looked almost embarrassed.

"Hey what's the matter?" I asked facing her.

"Nothing, it's just. Nothing. Did you want to come in? I might be a while."

"If you don't mind."

We made our way up the creaky stairs and she walked around the other side of the house and came back holding a key.