Chapter 13 - Harlow

I woke up curled up in Ashton's arms and basked in his scent. This man was everything and more. The way he takes care of me so selflessly makes me fall for him even more everyday. We're both new to our relationship but I feel like we've been together for years. I open my eyes and watch as he sleeps peacefully and place a kiss on his chin. He stirs a little, but continues to sleep and tightens his hold on me. I kiss him again and a small smile graces his face. I do it again and his smile gets bigger. I giggle softly and place a kiss on his lips, immediately he kisses me back and groans in the back of his throat before deepening it. The next thing I know, the comforter is pushed off our bodies, and Ashton's on top of me kissing me like he's trying to mould our two bodies together. I can't help the thrill that shots through me, as my nipples start to tighten and I feel a throbbing in my core that becomes more prominent when I feel Ashton grind against me. He kisses me one last time before burying his face in the crook of my neck. We're both panting heavily and it takes us about a minute to catch our breaths. Ashton turns so he's laying on his back and drapes me over him as a replacement for the comforter he just threw off us and I can't help but laugh at him.

"Feel free to wake me up like that anytime Sweets," he says while grinning cheekily at me.

I roll my eyes and lay my head on his chest and listen to the soothing sound of his heart beating.

"Feel free to do the same," I answer and I feel his chest rumble as he laughs at my reply. He sits up and places me on his lap while forcing me to straddle him and I can't help but wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him again. Before it gets heated he stops and places his forehead to mine, looking deeply into my eyes.

"Happy birthday Sweets," he tells me softly.

"Thanks pretty boy," I say smiling in his direction.

"Can you reach over and grab that envelope." I look at the bedside table and notice a violet envelope. Picking it up I glance down and see my name drawled on it in Ashton's writing.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Open it and find out," he says brushing my hair behind my ear and places a soft kiss to my forehead.

I smile and tear at the envelope. I notice a small photo fall out and notice that it's a picture of a brown puppy. Confused I look up at Ashton who's smiling at me.

"Turn it over," he says.

When I read what's written behind the photo I can't help the silent tears that fall.

"You got me a puppy?" I ask, my voice quivering. Ashton's smile falls from his face once he notices the tears.

"I'm sorry sweets. I thought you wanted a puppy. I didn't think. I adopted him and by the time we get home he'll be ready for us to pick up. He's only seven weeks old right now and..." he says in a rush and I cut him off by hugging him to my chest. He hugs me back after a while and starts laughing.

"So you like your present?" He asks in uncertainty.

I pull back and look at him with a huge grin on my face.

"Are you kidding me? This is the best thing anyone could have given me." I hug him to me again telling him thank you over and over again.

"What's his name? I kinda wish we were at home right now so that I can see him."

"He doesn't have a name yet. He's yours so you can name him whatever you want. Dads already built him a dog house in the backyard and installed a dog door. He's a Hungarian vizsla so he'll grow pretty big. I was at a meeting a couple of weeks ago and there was an ad on their notice board asking if people wanted to adopt a puppy. I called the owner and he told me he had one more puppy left. I went in and saw them and he said I could have him once he turns 8 weeks old. The timing was perfect. So once we get back to Auckland he'll be home. Mum and dad will pick him up the morning we get home."