Chapter 9 - Harlow

I slammed down my shot glass and cheered loudly while the girls followed suit. I couldn't believe that I have actually completed one semester of university, hence the reason why I was out partying with the girls. MJ, Aurora and I decided that we'd go out clubbing to celebrate. After I got out of my last exam, MJ texted me saying we were going out and to be ready in the next hour. I rushed home, showered, changed into a little black dress with some straps gold heels, applied lipstick and some eyeliner and I was good to go. That was five hours ago and you could say that I was more than a little drunk. The girls were pretty much on the same level as me and we've had at least 10 shots each. We made our way to the dance floor giggling at the hordes of guys who tried to come up and dance with us but we made sure we kept our circle closed using our hold on each other's hands to keep everyone out. Tonight was about getting drunk and enjoying each others company, not meeting guys. Besides, MJ was in a committed relationship with Aiden, an awesome guy she met while on her trip around Europe and Aurora was finally dating Xander. My two best friends were in committed relationships and there was no way they would let some guy buy them a drink and make him think they could get into their pants.

Over the past nine months my life has been great. I sold my house and used the money to pay off all of dads debts; something I now realised I should have done years ago. I put the rest of the money away to pay for my tuition fees for the next two years. I officially live with Ashton and we've become great friends. We drive into town together, where he drops me off to campus which isn't too far from his office and he goes into work. On my breaks I pop in and have lunch with him and after classes I meet him back in his office. I help where I can, and when he's done for the night we come home. I'll make us dinner and we usually watch a movie before going to bed. Sometimes we enjoy a late night swim to relax after a tiring day before hitting the hay. After handing in my resignation and studying full time Ashton and I have really gotten to know each other outside of work. We share everything with each other and he's become an anchor for me. He's helped me cross off so many items on my bucket list.

When I got my grades back for my first assignments - which were all A's - he took me bungee jumping off the harbour bridge to celebrate. He's taken me out to several restaurants, we've gone out to watch multiple movies which is usually our Thursday night ritual, we went camping during the Easter holidays, did some fishing, went paint balling with his cousins and a few of my friends from uni, he's even flying me, his siblings and a few of our friends to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday in two days. The girls and I were so excited. Ashton and Gideon weren't exactly happy about the part where MJ's boyfriend Aiden would be coming on the trip but that was MJ's only stipulation to come. Uncle Nate wasn't happy that his little princess Aurora would be going away to Vegas with Xander. It took him the longest to get used to to the two of them dating but he came around eventually. Everyone kind of knew that Xander and Aurora would get together one day. Harper let it slip that her and aunt Kelly had already planned the wedding, which I found super cute. Tristan still gives Xander shit about dating his sister, but he's happy if his little sisters happy. I've never seen Xander so happy in his life. He's really matured since the girls came back and dotes on Aurora. He still does little pranks on her but nothing too serious, she seems to like it. They've only been dating for the last 7 months and are already thinking of moving in together much to her fathers chagrin. Gideon's been overseas for 6 months while they film a television series based on his books, but thankfully he'll be joining us in Vegas. I've missed having him around, so we usually Skype each other every other day. Basically all of Ashton's family have become my own.

We visit his grandparents and Nana Woods every Saturday mornings for breakfast. We see his parents every Sunday for brunch. I've even started babysitting Triston's little boy, Connor when him and his wife Alana want to go out. His parents thank me every time for bringing Ashton back to them. They always say that before I moved in with him, Ashton never really spent time with anyone outside of work and spent too much time doing things that were work related. However, since I started having cooking lessons with his mum we always make plans to see them. It's become a normal routine for us now. I go to classes while he goes to work, we have dinner, talk about our day, I study and he finishes up on his work, we shower and then we go to bed. Thursday nights are movie nights and walks around the mall, Friday nights are reserved for going out and trying different restaurants, we take turns choosing a place to eat and paying for our meals. Saturday's means brunch with the grandparents and Nana Stone and we usually do our own things in the evenings. I usually hang out with the girls and he spends time with some of his friends. Sunday's are family day at his parents house where everyone cooks something and we share a meal and spend time together. I've even been on a few dates, these last couple of months. None of them have worked out, but they'd been fun and I'm still friends with three of the four guys I've gone out with.