What He Left Behind - Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

You're Kidding, Right?

          "So, I see you've down graded," Elzbeth said, eyeing me suspiciously.  I chuckled at her comment, but Max grew stiff with me in his arms.  I knew I was the only thing there keeping him calm, so I didn't let go as she spoke.  "Look, Max...  I really need to talk with you alone." 

          "Anything that needs to be said, can be said in front of Kat."  He stated sternly.  She sighed and waited a moment to see if I would walk away, but unfortunately for her, I was staying where I was.  "Come on, I don't have all day... Got things to do - well, people to do." 

          Her face was blank but her eyes reflected anger, knowing he was talking about me.  I chuckled as she spoke, Max still stiff with rage in my hold.  "Max, I'm really sorry - for everything.  I just... Give me another chance?  I love you...  I want you back."

          "That's seriously all you've got?"  He asked and laughed. 

          "Please, Max...?  I really do love you - you had no idea what love was until you had sex with me.  Please, Max... Please?"  She begged him and I had to hold back my laughs.  Was she hearing herself right now? 

          "No, Elzbeth."  He snapped, letting go of me.  I grabbed his hand and pulled his body back to mine.  He held me in front of him so he didn't do anything and she looked at the two of us.  "I didn't have sex with you.  Fuck, I didn't even want you!  You took advantage of me...  You raped me, Elzbeth!  Okay?" 

          He stormed into the house and slammed his bedroom door.  I stood there awhile, watching her as a tear slipped from her eye.  Shaking my head, I turned for the door before pausing and speaking to her.  "I think it's time you leave..."

          I shut the door gently, now aware of Suri's presence in the house.  I muttered a "shit" under my breath before rushing over to her room and peeking inside.  She was fast asleep, cuddled up next to Chester and I smiled before shutting her bedroom door and going to Max's room.  I debated on going in or not, but opened the door and slipped inside. 

          By the time I shut the door, he had me pinned up against it.  His lips were molding into mine and I immediately kissed him back as he grabbed my body in his hands.  The quickly brought me over to the bed, laying me down in it and grinding into me as he pulled off my clothes.  

          I shudder under him as he slipped a hand into my panties and gently rubbed me.  Moaning into his mouth, I felt him remove his hand and pull off his clothes.  It didn't take long for him to thrust into me, moaning as I tangled my fingers in his hair while we made love, again. 

          All I felt was ecstacy and complete happiness.  I wasn't worried about anything, anymore.  For right now, it was just me and him and that's it.  Everything else seemed to fade and become a distant memory. 

          I wasn't worried about anyone coming back to get me or anyone trying to take him from me.  I could feel every small movement, every thrust of his hips, his lips on mine...  And I wasn't scared anymore.

          When he finished, he pulled out of me and laid down with me in his arms.  He gently rubbed my arm and whispered he loved me and I smiled, saying it back.  He laid with me, letting me drift off into peaceful sleep under the warm covers with him. 

          "Kat?"  He whispered and I opened my eyes, turning my body toward him so our chests were pressed against one another.  He sighed, kissing my lips gently and stared into my brown eyes.  "I'm sorry..."