Chapter 6

Spensa POV:

"Left! Down a little. Okay, keep coming!" I held the radio up to my mouth. "What do you think?"

"This thing..."

I laughed as Jorgen, using M-Bot, lowered the booster into my cave. "You really sleep in this thing?"

"Yup. He even has a cleanser."

"Wow. Do we know where he comes from? His isn't a DDF model."

"He doesn't remember anything. Just his last orders and everything in recent memory."

"I also have an open catalog for categorizing local fungi," M-Bot said happily. 

"That's-that's awesome, M-Bot." I could hear the smile in his voice. I smiled too, as the booster settled with a decisive thud.

Jorgen lowered the ship down and clambered out over the wing. 

"Once R - once I finish installing the booster I'll call you and you can come up with me to try it out," I said.

He nodded, looking at M-Bot sitting in the sun.

"Promise not to tell anyone?" I asked.

He looked at me. Met my eyes. "I promise."

I smiled, and we stood together awkwardly. Then he stepped forward and hugged me. I was surprised but pleasantly so as I wrapped my arms around him. He smelled like smoke from the fire, and slightly like the homey inside of M-Bot's cockpit. I didn't want him to let me go. He was so tall, so strong, so sure. He completely engulfed me in his embrace.

When he let me go, my torso felt cold from the absence of his heat. I stepped back, but he caught my waist before I could go too far. He brushed a strand of hair that had escaped my hair tie behind my ear. Then he straightened and pulled away. He swallowed.

"Sorry," he said. "I-" I stopped his lips with a kiss.

His arms snaked around my hips, pulling me closer. My hands went around his neck, the other on his chest. I could feel his heart beating through his flight suit. He leaned down, deepening the kiss. I opened my eyes slightly and could see that Jorgen had a tiny splash of freckles across the bridge of his nose. When we pulled apart, he had the slightest trace of a smile tugging at the corners of his eyes. He left then, getting into his car and driving off. 

I watched until his hovercar was just a dot on the horizon. I climbed into M-Bot and flew him back into my hole. He was silent until I lay down on my bad and smiled up at the ceiling.

"Who was that?" M-Bot asked.

"Jorgen," I said. "He's our flight leader."

"He's more than that."

"To me."

AN:

Start the countdown until Starsight comes out! Sorry, this chapter is so short, I wanted to end at a good spot:D

Don't be a ghost reader! I'd love to hear your feedback! Do you think I should continue writing this?

Let me know;)

Wise_girl

<3