Things Work Themselves Out

Ask: can i request some arthur stalking reader content? an obsession gone way too far? sex at a halloween party but she doesnt know its him:?

Warning: Cursing, smut, dubcon, mentions of non-con

Pairing: Arthur Fleck x Reader

A/N: Well, this was something else. Kind of got hot writing it, hands were sweating knees weak arms are heavy by the end. Hope you enjoy, anon, and this was what you wanted!

***

You'd been having an amazing day. Fantastic, glorious, all those good things. You'd been promoted at your job, the bitch in accounting got fired, and to top it off, it was your birthday! Your friend had given you a pair matching pearl earrings, something you'd wanted with her for a long time. As if your day couldn't get any better!

"Beautiful weather, isn't it?" You smiled at the man standing behind you in line at the pharmacy. You had to pick up something for a friend and in your good mood decided to strike up a conversation with a stranger.

Arthur had to look behind him to make sure there wasn't anyone else you could be talking to. "Uh, yeah." He furrowed his brows and tried to hide the confusion on his face.

"I'm (Y/N)." You stuck out your hand, giving him another smile.

He took your hand in his, shaking it politely. It would be a lie to say he wasn't pleasantly surprised by how soft your skin was, taking a moment to feel the back of your hand with his thumb. "Arthur."

"Next." The woman at the counter called you up.

"How's your day going, Arthur?" You asked, taking a few steps to the counter but keeping your eyes on him. You slid a piece of paper over the counter and the woman left to the backroom after reading it.

He shrugged, moving forward in line with you. "Fine."

"Just fine?" You scoffed, leaning against the counter. "I know something that will make it better." Before he could ask you reached into your purse, pulling out a sucker. Your boss had given you a handful, she had bought her daughter the wrong flavor. Mango pineapple, instead of peach.

Arthur couldn't help but smile when he saw the candy in your hand. He took it and examined the wrapper, running his finger over the plastic. "Thank you?" He looked up at you, unsure and wary of your kindness. Was it so truly innocent? No joke? You weren't going to mug him when he left and laugh in his face?

No. He could tell. You were perfect. He needed to find out more about you before you left. "You don't like candy?"

"No, I love it!" You laughed and unwrapped a sucker, running your tongue around it before sticking it between your lips. "I just have so many, my boss gave me them today after my promotion."

"Promotion?" He raised an eyebrow and smiled, looking down at your lips. He found it hard to concentrate then, focusing more on your pretty lips around the red candy.

"Yeah!" You nodded eagerly. "You know that jewelry store uptown?"

He nodded with you, forcing himself to look back into your eyes.

"Well, that's where I work. I used to design advertisements, you know, the stuff you see in the newspaper. Well, now I get to actually design jewelry! Isn't that great?"

The look in your eyes made his knees weak. You were just so happy, innocent, so full of glee and joy, he wished you could share some of it with him.

"That's amazing." He breathed, shaking his head in disbelief as he fought with his mind. How could you be real? He had no idea what he was getting himself into, but he knew that if he didn't cool down he'd spiral into an obsession.