You Deserve Me and More

Ask: Ok I don't know if this is a good explanation but could I get an Arthur oneshot where there reader is absolutely gorgeous, possibly a well known model and Arthur feels as if he doesn't deserve her(he obviously deserves the world)

Warnings: Cursing

Pairing: Arthur Fleck x Reader

A/N: Sorry this is kinda short, but I felt like it had exactly what it needed. I hope you enjoy!

***

Work was always stressful. No matter what you had planned, a photoshoot, an interview, meeting with your manager for potential gigs, it took all day and left you drained.

At least there was always Arthur.

No matter what kind of day he had he was always ready to bend over backward for you. He would do anything to see you smile, or make you happy. He was one of the only bright things in Gotham, and you were more than happy to call him yours.

After a particularly rough day, you called him up, all but begging him to come over. You were so tired, all you wanted to do was curl up with the man you loved and hear him praise you. He loved to do that.

When he knocked on your door you almost tripped in your effort to open the door for him. Seeing his face as you opened your front door instantly made you feel better.

"I brought you these." He looked so awkward standing in your doorway, fingers wrapped around a bouquet of flowers. He seemed so small then, it was impossible not to wrap him in your arms.

"Oh, thank you!" You smiled brightly, welcoming him in your house. "How was your day?"

He dismissed your question and asked you how yours was, he knew it couldn't have been too good if you called him up at such a late hour and asked him to come over.

"It was... it was something." You sighed and led him to your couch, taking the flowers to the kitchen to put in water. As you filled a vase with water from your sink you told him about you had to run around all day and have headshots taken for three different magazine companies.

When you finally sat down next to him you noticed something was off. He was staring down at his hands and hadn't said anything about your rant. Normally he'd praise you, say something like, 'I don't know how you do it.', or maybe 'You're incredible for putting up with that.'.

"Are you alright?" You asked, reaching out to rub his back. Normally he would lean into your touch but he stayed perfectly still.

"Why are you with me?" He spoke finally, looking over at you. "Honestly, (Y/N). Why? You're so beautiful, so fucking beautiful. You're in every magazine. You've been on billboards," He was laughing nervously now, struggling to get his words out. "I mean, come on, why-" The laughter became too much and he couldn't speak anymore.

You waited patiently until he stopped, rubbing soft circles into his back. When it finally faded away you spoke. "Because I love you, Arthur. You're incredibly kind, you have a heart of gold. Do you know how rare that is, sweetie? How rare it is in this god-awful city?"

He listened to you, slowly becoming calmer with your words.

"You're so damn good, Arthur. Everything about you. You're kind to people when they don't deserve it. Do you remember how we met?"

He nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"You asked me if I was 'that pretty model in the magazines'. I had gotten that line so many times I was barely phased. But do you remember what you said to me after that?" You continued when you saw he was smiling. "You said, 'It's a wonder how there are other models, I can't believe you haven't run them all out of business.' And that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me without expecting anything in return. You were just being nice, and that was it."

"I'm normally not that bold." He admitted with a sheepish grin. "You were just so pretty, I had to try something."

"I'm glad you did. I'm so glad you did. Or else I'd be slumming around with the same dimwitted people, people without a brain in their skull and no common decency." You kissed his forehead, holding him close to you for a beat. "Now I've got myself the whole package. You've got a personality like no one else in the world. And, have you seen yourself? Those eyes."

"Alright, alright." Arthur couldn't hide the fact that he was blushing now, he didn't know how to take praise since before you it was nonexistent.

"Your eyes are so gorgeous," You teased and kissed his cheek, seeing him happy like this had to be one of the finer things in life. "And your smile! I could compare it to diamonds and pearls, since it makes me just as happy!"

Arthur turned to you, shaking his head. "How do you do it?" He mused, looking from your eyes to your lips. He still had that adorable smile on his face. "How do you say just the right things?"

You hummed, acting as if you were thinking deeply about something. "Well, I don't know. I just say what I'm thinking."

The two of you went on like that for a while, complimenting each other in a way that would make most people cringe. It was hard not to be that way with him though, he deserved everything you could give him. He deserved you and much more.