Chapter 3

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

Amethyst and I rushed out the Big Donut in the blink of an eye. In the distance, on the beach, and ...right in front of my house?! Now, I've seen a ton of weird stuff throughout my life. That's just how reality is when you're a gem-human hybrid. I think. I'm kind of the only one as far as I know of. But anyway, the point I'm trying to make is, if someone told me yesterday that a giant, and I mean GIANT, pair of legs would be parked right at my doorstep, I would've laughed at them, and probably asked what sort of stuff they're on. But let's be real. I'm not really focused on yesterday right now. Because, right now, my question is: Why the HELL is there a giant pair of legs right in front of the temple?! WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?

"Amethyst," I calmly asked, a stark contrast to my inner monologue. "Why is there a pair of legs on the beach?"

"(Y/N). We have to get to the others," she gravely answered. Okay, I was more unnerved than terrified before, but now that Amethyst responded like that? I am scared shitless. Amethyst is supposed to be my fun-loving older sister figure. So where did all this sudden seriousness come from. A pair of legs can't be that threatening right?

Soon after she frantically sprinted towards the temple. This is so weird. Why is nobody telling me what's happening?! I started to run as well, trying my best to keep up with her.

I don't know what's happening right now. It's strange, not knowing what's happening. I feel like I've felt this way before but when...? I let out a gasp. No wonder this felt so familiar. It was the same exact way I felt a few years back, when the gems still hid almost everything from me so I would stay "safe." I thought we were all over that already. Have they kept something from me again?

Time seemed to go so fast, yet slowly at the same time. After a bit of running we finally made it to the temple where Goldy, Garnet, Lapis, Peridot, and Bismuth stood.

"Guys what's happening?!" I pleaded. This situation seemed really dangerous, and I just have a bad feeling about everything going on right now.

"(Y/N) GET IN THE HOUSE NOW!" Garnet commanded. She sounded scared. Why does she sound scared? Why can't anyone tell me what's happening?!

"What!? There's no way I'm leaving you guys!" I yelled back. If it's this is as serious as everyone's making it out to be, I can't just cower away and abandon everyone to...whatever this was!

Suddenly, two mysterious silhouettes descended from the giant pair of limbs. So it's a ship then? Just like the one Peridot, Lapis, and Jasper came in a few years ago. Except way bigger. And Pink. Why is it Pink? And why legs? That's, like, the least threatening combination of things ever. Wait. This means this is a ship from Homeworld! With Homeworld Gems! Most likely important ones judging from the size of the ship. (At this realization, a small part of my mind wondered if Homeworld has some strange, secret fetish for limbs and appendages, but that line of thought instantly disintegrated as soon as the sun lit up one of the two figures' face.)

The first one I laid my eyes on was tall, lean, and had a pointy nose. It was a pearl! Only high ranking gems had pearls though... She seemed scared and shocked as she stared longingly at the shore, the temple, and then the gems. I wonder why... Has she been here before? Does she know my friends? Was she friends with them at some point? Why does she look so sad-

The sun hit the other figures face. When I saw the size of the ship, and the Pearl, I was scared someone super large and imposing would attack us. Like one of the Diamonds or something. But my assumptions were FAR from correct. They were a gem, that was clear, since they had the fancy Homeworld gear set up with the humongous spaceship and the Pearl. But they looked more...human... than gem. In fact, they looked like a teenage boy, most likely around my age!