Chapter 4

(Y/N)'s P.OV.:

"What the hell?", I said in a tired tone. ' My head hurts... What happened?', I thought, groggily sitting up.

I saw my surroundings. I was in a pink cell (again, not the most threatening color?) with bars that were made of some type of electricity. Suddenly, I remembered what had happened: the fight on the beach with that boy and his pearl!

They must be taking me to homeworld. I know Bismuth took the others when they had poofed. But Goldy stayed... If this is anything like what happened with Jasper, then I should be able to-
I proceeded to go through the electric field- get through!

Jeez, you'd think Homeworld would learn things the first time around...oh well, good for me! Now I just need to find Goldy!

I looked around at the vast expanse of cells before my eyes. Rows upon rows of menacing cells, a complete contrast to its cheery looks. It's kind of like the owner of this ship if I were to be honest with myself, but I don't want to focus on that bastard. At least, not now...

I settle with heading to my right, but only finding more empty cells. Panic began to seep through my veins and beads of cold sweat began to form on my forehead. What if Goldy wasn't here with me? At least she'd be safe Iike that, but that doesn't mean I want to be alone here... Or what if she did come with me? Why isn't she here?! What if they did something to her?! Just as panic began to overtake me, I saw a golden figure sitting in a cell from the corner of my eyes. I made a dead stop and sprinted to the cell. it was Goldy!.

"Goldy! Thank goodness you're OK!" I whisper yelled.

"(Y/N)! You need to go back in your cell! What what's going to happen... I suggest you be obedient.", she panicked.

"What are you talking about?!" I said.

"Just go back into your cell, before they come back!", she continued.

"Fine! But you have to explain all this later!" I said.

Stevens P.O.V.:

"Pearl?", I said out of the blue.

"Yes, my diamond?", She replied.

"Tell me, why did that thing have gold eyes with diamond eyes. I thought there were only four diamonds?", I said slightly agitated.

"I'm sincerely sorry my Diamond, but I think it would be better if you were to ask the diamonds about this one when we reach Homeworld. If you show them that human, then they would have to answer you!", she replied.

"Good idea! Now if you excuse me, I'm going to check on that human.", I continued. Human...yes! That's what she is! She cannot be a diamond, much less anysort of gem!

"Of course, my Diamond", she finished.

I nodded to her and then proceeded to walk out of the room to the human's cell.

As I walked, I passed by the cell of her pearl. She looked up and our eyes met. She immediately hung her head, which made me take in the rest of her defeated position.

Is it normal to feel remorse over Homeworld traitors of all people? I shook my head to snap myself out of it. They're traitors. Remember, Homeworld made an arrangement with them when they went away... they just went against it. If anything, they all deserve worse. I glared at Goldy as I continued walking.

Eventually, I reached the human's cell. "Hey...-" I cut myself off. That was far too soft for a diamond to speak, especially for a prisoner. I cleared my throat.

"Human!" I barked.

They open their eyes and looked at me.

I was right. Their eyes are like mine. But gold. How Interesting...

"Tell me, what are you?" I demanded.

They didn't reply.

How rude.

"I ask you a question. I expect you to answer it. It would be disrespectful to ignore a Diamond!", I started to shout.

"You're not getting anything out of me", they snarled.

I've had enough of this attitude.

"Let me remind you exactly who is in control of this situation here. We are on a ship heading to territory you don't know, and even then you have no way of returning. This is a diamond ship, that only responds to me or my pearl. Nobody else can command this ship. You are completely powerless here.

Fear was starting to spark in their eyes. For some reason, it didn't feel as satisfying as I thought it would be. But this is how things must be. There's no other way.

"I, however, have everything in my control," I continued. "So, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. The easy way involves you obeying your orders and no harm coming to you or your pearl. The hard way.... well you don't want to know what will happen that way... It's your choice."

The fear in their eyes grew stronger, but now with the added mixture of hatred. This doesn't feel right... why don't I like doing this? Stop being soft! Diamonds must always be strong and imposing, so why aren't I-

"(Y/N)."

My thoughts were interrupted by their voice.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"It's my name. (Y/N)" (Y/N) said.

"Oh...well...um," I stumbled. Why am I acting like this? Agh did they have to interrupt my personal thoughts like that! I can't show any vulnerability! Diamonds are not allowed to do that! I refuse to show them anything other than what a diamond should be at all times. Strong, imposing, threatening... I've shown too much already.

I left.