Chapter 5

Stevens P.O.V.:

The ship got boring sometimes. Especially during long trips. But, as I sat in the control room of my ship, my gaze shifted to the windows, where the whole universe was there, right before my eyes. The stars are the same as always, yet I can't help but be drawn to them nonetheless, a familiar comfort in a sense.. I watched as we passed by this massive sea of stars that we call the universe. In the distance, nebulas shined their luminous glows, a nursery for new stars and solar systems to form. The twinkling of nearby celestial bodies caught my eye, one shining far brighter than the rest. Homeworld. I stopped myself from indulging that childish side of me, the one that seems to be amazed at everything that I see. 'The one that's stopping you from becoming a perfect diamond, just like Yellow, Blue, and White' some dark part of my mind whispered.
My boredom became short-lived as I thought about our current...situation. Currently, everything seems like it's going to get significantly more interesting. That human is definitely not normal.  And why do they always manage to get me off guard?! Nobody can catch me off guard! I'm a Diamond, for Diamonds' sake! Wait ugh that sounds so weird-

Whatever, that doesn't matter right now. None of this does. Everything is fine-

"My Diamond, we have arrived," Pearl said.

"Good. Pearl, tell the other Diamonds to meet with me. And as soon as possible. I want answers about that human. Until then, I want you to put that human and the other pearl in cells. Make sure they are separated. I don't want them trying to escape," I said.

"Of course my diamond," Pearl replied.

While the ship finally landed in it's launch pad, Peridots began to enter inside to search for any damage done while on the journey. I stared down at them from the window of my ship, an annoyed look on my face. It was not like there was any damage done to the ship. There has never been any damage done to my ship as a matter of fact. They don't even do this to the other diamonds, so what on Homeworld makes me so different! Every single time I brought this up to the other Diamonds, they simply laughed, saying 'Silly, Steven'. Do they not think I'm capable of taking care of my ship?

After that, I started to head towards my room. My head hurts... It has been such a long day. I cannot wait to just lie down and close my eyes, even for just a moment-

"Steven! You finally came back!," Spinel practically yelled, "Do you wanna play?!"

So much for resting for a few minutes.

"As much as I want to, I can't right now." As I said that, I noticed she began to frown a bit. I don't know why, but whenever I turned down her offer to play, she always gained an uncharacteristically sad look in her eyes. And just like now, it always managed to make me feel... guilt? Sadness? Sympathy? Whatever it is, I don't want to be the cause of her sadness. Besides Pearl, she has been my closest companion for as long as I could remember. She always makes sure that I'm happy, so it is only right that I do the same for her.

"But after I settle some business with the other Diamonds, I'll see what I can do," I continued.

"Aww. Okay, then," She then followed, her usual grin once again on her face.

Just then, Pearl entered the room. She seemed upset about something. She attempts to hide her emotions most of the time, but over the years, it seems like I figured her out. But what could she possibly be upset about? Before I could think of the answer to that question, she began to speak.

"My Diamond, the others are ready to see you. The human and the Pearl we captured are currently being escorted to the throne room for you to ask the other Diamonds questions about them."

"Thank you, Pearl," I replied.

As I began to walk towards the throne room, many questions started to form in my mind.
Who is this human? Why do they have powers? Are they a hybrid like me? Why are their eyes like mine, except gold? Diamond eyes... they have diamond eyes...But that doesn't make sense! There wasn't a fifth diamond? Was there a fifth diamond? Why was a fifth diamond never mentioned? What on Homeworld is going on?!

This is so confusing. I am tired, but this will all be resolved soon. The Diamonds will have answers. The Diamonds know everything. And the Diamonds know best.

I am a Diamond, and yet I do not know what is going on...

What does that even say about me?