Chapter Three: Old Pain

I laid in my bed wide awake. It was 12:00 o'clock. I sigh. I turn on my back and look up at the ceiling. All the old memories have been coming back. It's so painful. I honestly Jack let me kill him but... it's just not fair...

Ash: This really sucks...

I say. I wonder what will happen if I just write my name in my Death Note. Will I'll be reincarnated again? Hopefully not. Jack will probably kill me himself if I ever told him I thought of that. I felt someone watching me from the door way. I grab my pillow and throw it to the door.

Ash: Stop staring at me you pervert.

I hear someone chuck.

A voice: But it's so fun.

Ash: Get out Ryuk!

Ryuk appears. I cover my eyes with my arm.

Ryuk: It's been awhile, Light.

Ash: My names, Ash!

Ryuk: Oh, sorry. I didn't realize we were going by fake names.

Ash: That is my real name, you know!

Ryuk: In this time maybe but don't forget who you were before this.

Ash: Both you and BB just want me to suffer, don't you?

Ryuk chuckles.

Ryuk: Soo...what's the plan in getting BB?

Ash: That's up to Jack not me.

Ryuk: I can see your faith in yourself has gone down quite a bite since the last time we met.

I groan.

Ash: Shut up please. I just want to sleep. I'm sure it's 1:00 am.

Ryuk: Well it's not my fault that you were up all night thinking of your old memories.

Ash: You're one of the reasons I have this memories, Ryuk.

He chuckles again.

Ryuk: It's easy to blame someone else when you are the only one to really blame.

I ignore that comment and roll my side to look at the clock. 1:30.... Jack is gonna kill me if I get up and I had no sleep. So is Mello.

Ash: Ryuk...is it possible you still have the Death Note on you?

He smiles.

Ryuk: Sorry...but L made me gave it up after he came back to Japan.

I roll on my back again.

Ash: Of course, he did! I just want to die!

Ryuk had me having a full blow conversation with him until it was sunrise. Then he after me alone. Mello walks in.

Mello: Why do you look so tired?

I just got up and shuffles to the door. I go to the kitchen where the others are. L was sitting at the table with Near playing with his toys.

Jack: Didn't sleep go Light-kun?

I give him a death glare.

Near: That's a no.

Ash: Ryuk decided to come visit me at 12:00 in the morning and have a full blow conversation until sunrise. So no. I didn't sleep!

Mello walks in. I open the refrigerator.

Mello: I could of sworn it was because of your memories.

I froze. I then close the refrigerator door and look at him.

Ash: Maybe it was that too.

Mello smiles at Jack. Jack smiles back.

Jack: Hey, Light-kun Near and I are going to the mall wanna come?

I look at him and shrug my shoulders.

Ash: I guess.

Jack: Great! Get dressed we will be waiting for you outside.

I was way to tired to go shopping but I just want to spend time with Jack...and Near more with Jack though. I get dressed. On my way to the front door I grab an apple to eat for breakfast. I walk out to the car. Aizawa is driving us to the mall. I sit in the front with Aizawa. Near and Jack sit in the back. I sigh. Why couldn't I sit in the back with Jack? Just because Near is Jack's son doesn't mean-

Near: Light-kun?

Ash: Yes, Near!

He shuttled me.

Jack: What do you wanna in the mall?

I think. I don't have any money! I came here so fast o forgot my money back home! I sigh.

Ash: I don't know ... we will see when we get there.

I say. I kick myself for forgetting the most important thing I need to survive! We arrive at the mall. As we walk through it I see a store with clothes. I look in the window. If only I wasn't in such a hurry to get here I would of taken my freaking money! I sigh heavily. We move on to a candy and toy store. Jack and Near have a ten hundred dollars on them! WHAT THE FUCK!!! I'm standing there glaring at them while they buy candy and toys! Jack looks at me.

Jack: Light-kun? You should buy something! You didn't forget your money did you?

My inner Kira's coming out.

Ash: Of course, not!

I hiss. He smirks. We walk past someone shelling apples pie. I already had eaten my apple and it's 12:00. I'm hungry and tired! Jack and Near are enjoying themselves when I have to suffer! I tell them I'm gonna go to the bathroom when really I cannot wait to get away from them! To be honest I was planning on buying Jack something. That's why I'm so pissed off! I still in the lunch room and put my head down. This isn't fair! I'm not even hungry anymore. I look up. I hate everything! I don't want to be here! The only reason I got here is because I thought Jack was in trouble!

Jack: Ash?

I look to my right. Jack sits down next to me.

Jack: Wanna talk about anything?

He asks. I sigh.

Ash: I don't have any money, I feel depressed ... I feel alone and ... I ...

I look down. Jack touches my hand.

Jack: There have been things I wanted and want to say to you for all this years. It's been lonely. I have also felt depressed. I understand that you feel like dying, Ash. When we were younger I begged you not to kill yourself. I realize I can't do that anymore ... just remember how important you are to me. Why didn't you tell me you had no money?

Ash: I was to pissed off!

Jack sighs.

Jack: Ash ... you need to tell me when things are bothering you.

He takes out a piece of apple pie from his bag. I smile. He gives me a fork and I start to it. Jack eats it with me. He even feeds me some. After we are doing Jack and I walk to the Disney store. We look at Disney plushies. I got a Simba  plushie. It's mine and Jack's child. Near waits for us with Aizawa at the car. We get in. I sit next to Jack in the back of the back. He rests his head on my shoulder. I smile brightly. We fall asleep together.