Chapter Four: Memories~

I got up at 2:00 am. I haven't been sleeping good since I got here. I went to the kitchen and saw Mello and Matt playing cards. Mello looks at me.

Mello: This is your third night here and you either stayed up all night or woke up at 1 or 2 in the morning.

I sigh.

Matt: Is something troubling you, Light?

I look to them. I guess it's time to open up. I sit next to Mello.

Ash: I have thinking of my memories ever since I came here. I have gotten so good at keeping them away I ... I feel so lost with them. The pain and the joy. I feel so alone.

Mello: We all struggle with our memories. Some are harder then others.

Ash: But I was a killer! I killed L and you guys! Maybe BB was right. I won't ever change.

Matt: BB doesn't know you like we do, Light. He wants us to remember all the bad times to abandon you. That's not gonna happen.

Mello: Exactly! L let you kill him!

Ash: Didn't let me! He tells people that so I won't feel as bad.

Matt: What?

Ash: We were at abandoned mall parking garage and L suddenly turns to me. He takes out the Death Note. He taunted me about it and called me a killer. I was struggling not to kill him. He said someone like me shouldn't be in this world. He then threw the Death Note to me and yelled to kill him. Without a second thought I wrote his name down in. It was fake. L called me a Murderer once and over again! I couldn't take it. I started to cry. I screamed playfully. You can't imagine how scared I was to die by the hands of someone I loved. I feel on the floor. I was crying like mad. I told L i was sorry. L then walked over to me and hugged me tightly. I sobbed in his chest.

Mello: What happened then.

Ash: After I stopped cry he looks at me in my eyes. Then ... L grabbed is chest where his heart was. I grabbed him before he touched the ground. I was screaming his name and shakes him. He weren't wake up.

Matt: If the Death Note was a fake, it couldn't of been you who killed him?

Mello: Who was it then?

I shrug.

Ash: The murderer never showed their face.

Mello: Wow ... that's heartbreaking.

L: Your right.

We turn and see Jack leaning against the counter.

Ash: How long have you been standing there?

Jack: Ever since you got up.

Mello sigh.

Jack sits next to Matt.

Jack: Light-Kun? I hope you don't mind me sharing about when you told me you were Kira. It would happy you understand why I did what I did leaning to me death.

I nod.

Jack: I wasn't ... happy when Light said he was Kira. So, much I had decided to kill him without him knowing. He was a threat to Japan and I had promised everyone I would kill Kira, but as time went on I feel something different then hatred. It was proving harder and harder to plan your murder so I decided to give you a test. To see if you are good or night. As I was taunting you, I saw you were pain. I decided to throw the Death Note to you. I was surprised to say the least when you wrote my name down. I didn't think you were gonna try to kill me. Out of anger I yelled and screamed at you. I stopped when I saw you start to cry. I walked over to you as quickly as possible because I felt bad. I regretted it. The second I felt the pain in my heart I knew what was happening. I said to myself that I hoped we would meet again.