Chapter Six: The Test~

Mello's POV:

We walk into the lap. We follow Near to an office. I can tell Ash is nervous. He isn't saying anything, but I know him. I just hope we can find the problem soon. A doctor in a lap coat with black hair walks up to us.

The Doctor: Near! I haven't seen you in awhile!

Near smiles softly. I blush a little.

Near: Doctor Yuki. Theses are my friends.

We all shake hands.

Near: Light needs a  test on his brain because there's a voice inside it.

The Doctor nods then tells us to follow him. We walk to a big room. The others and I wait outside the room looking in a window while the Doctor gets Ash strapped into a chair. He puts a machine on Ash's head. I look over to Jack who looks more nervous then the rest of us. The door comes out and locks the door. We got to a room where there's controls. He starts the machine up and turns on the controls. Sound waves come on a screen.

Voice: Light-kun~

Ash: Shut up! I don't want to hear got!

Voice: Are you still salty about your past? You know, it wasn't my fault~

Ash: It fucking was! You did this to me!

Voice: Did what?

Ash: You fucking made me kill people! Even the ones I loved!

The voice laughs.

Voice: So, what? They deserved to die! All of them! That bullshit about being your family! Do you really think L loves you?

Ash: Shut up! I know he does!!!

Voice: You're lying to yourself and you know it. Nobody could love a murderer.

I want so badly to choke that voice. Is this why Ash did those things in the past??

Ash: I don't want to hear you!!!

Voice: Just imbalance the darkness. It could help you defeat them!

Ask: I WILL NEVER!!

The voice laughs again then the screen turns off.

Misa: Will Light Be brainwashed by the voice?

I glance at Misa. Is that the first think she thinks?

The Doctor: He has a good hold on it. So, no.

Jack breaths shakily.

Jack: That's not a normal voice.

Matt: You got that right.

Matsuda: It sounded like a Demon.

The Doctor: Even so ... the voice doesn't seem to be much of a threat.

Aizawa: You're sure?

The Doctor: I'm positive. If it does come to me right away.

We all walk out to the streets.

Mello: I cannot believe you didn't get help for that thing!

I say.

Ash: And this is why I didn't tell anyone.

Jack: There's a Demon is your brain, Light! Who obviously wants you to hurt us!

Ash: It's not a demon! It's a Quincy!

Mello: A what?

We all stop walking and look at him.

Ash: A Quincy is a type of Angel. They test people's insanity.